Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear spain

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I would have loved to have helped you out Hillian, as i have just got back from the Costa Del Sol about 4 hours ago and I shut myself off of everything blighty for the whole week ( except the 2 Albion results)
I am not a Costa Del Sol fan at all ( or Spain for that matter) but credit where it is due, it was very nice indeed, really enjoyed it, very few Brits (too upmarket) mostly Spanish and even the 1 English bar was delightful. Some of the Senoritas were stunning. fabulous food, especially the Paella and huge BBQ steaks.
I went to Gib about 12 years ago,I thought it was a dump, I had no intention of returning.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Now it's really going to get dirty! Spanish minister to meet Argentinas Hector Timmerman about a joint effort at the UN to ignore peoples wishes to be British and to take what's ours by popular yet undemocratic processes. GONNA GET UGLY!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
.....and the UK makes people pay a council tax.....and bedroom tax........pot kettle.

it's a bit skegness belonging to Luxumburg....i am sure English people would not be happy with that.

much of the spanish coast is ruined by English people (west of Malaga, South of Alicante) - so fair play to Spain for taxing 'the fat fryup eating sun reading beer swilling coronation street watching tax evaders' that seem to inhabit Gibralter.

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest tbh. Skegness is a ****ing dump.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
surprised everyone is blasé about this topic considering the current rhetoric from Madrid, hey ho

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I read that Gib's representatives are included in all discussions at present but the current Government wants to change this.

Not for any discussions about sovereignty, the Spanish insist they speak only to UK govt.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Saw this on FB earlier, thought some of you might enjoy it.

Hi Spain. Only me. I just google-mapped Gibraltar as I didn't really know where you kept it. And I couldn't help notice this little place just over the water called Ceuta. I think it's yours but you've actually left it in someone else's country and Wikipedia tell me that Morocco rather want it back. I'm not being funny, Spain, but is this the pot calling the kettle Moorish? Anyways, send my love to Portugal. Toodleoo. Px
View attachment 45741

...and Melillia

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Not for any discussions about sovereignty, the Spanish insist they speak only to UK govt.

Well they would! They have learnt form The wicked witch of argentina (spelt deliberately with a lower case) and the previous despot Galteieri (not sure about spelling of that)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
As a footnote to this, just got back from Spain.

Seville for a few days then down to Conil. You very rarely meet English tourists in Conil, the major operators don't seem to go there.

My point ?

I saw very many T-Shirts using a Union Flag as a design. So many I lost count, honestly over a hundred within a week in an albeit very busy resort mostly populated by the Spanish. Some around a punk theme, some using different colours etc. But a Union Flag all the same.

Brits abroad ? Nope they don't come here. Being worn by Spanish teenagers. I can only think this was a trendy design around the Olympics or it's just a bit trendy at the moment.

Why is this interesting ? Conil isn't very far from Gibraltar. Possibly the Spanish have got enough to worry about and couldn't give a stuff about the rock.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
As a footnote to this, just got back from Spain.

Seville for a few days then down to Conil. You very rarely meet English tourists in Conil, the major operators don't seem to go there.

My point ?

I saw very many T-Shirts using a Union Flag as a design. So many I lost count, honestly over a hundred within a week in an albeit very busy resort mostly populated by the Spanish. Some around a punk theme, some using different colours etc. But a Union Flag all the same.

Brits abroad ? Nope they don't come here. Being worn by Spanish teenagers. I can only think this was a trendy design around the Olympics or it's just a bit trendy at the moment.

Why is this interesting ? Conil isn't very far from Gibraltar. Possibly the Spanish have got enough to worry about and couldn't give a stuff about the rock.

Lots of these in Australia too, many people have union flag cushions and stuff.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Lots of these in Australia too, many people have union flag cushions and stuff.

It is a current fashion trend, the States is the same......the Union flag, or subtle references to it, is all over the place, a bit like the Stars and Stripes were in the 80's for a while.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Aren't France missing a trick with Jersey?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here