Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear spain

Dandyman

In London village.
And I bet that was about something that had actually happened, not something just being considered?

It was because Spain had a fascist dictatorship until 1975.

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
Calidad Señor.
Tu hablas Español perfectamente.
Gibralter es un montón de la mierda de Europa, lleno con ladrones y monos.
Disfruta lo amigo_OYR.

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
.....and the UK makes people pay a council tax.....and bedroom tax........pot kettle.

it's a bit skegness belonging to Luxumburg....i am sure English people would not be happy with that.

much of the spanish coast is ruined by English people (west of Malaga, South of Alicante) - so fair play to Spain for taxing 'the fat fryup eating sun reading beer swilling coronation street watching tax evaders' that seem to inhabit Gibralter.

This!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
.....and the UK makes people pay a council tax.....and bedroom tax........pot kettle.

it's a bit skegness belonging to Luxumburg....i am sure English people would not be happy with that.

much of the spanish coast is ruined by English people (west of Malaga, South of Alicante) - so fair play to Spain for taxing 'the fat fryup eating sun reading beer swilling coronation street watching tax evaders' that seem to inhabit Gibralter.

Bedroom Tax? Clearly a Daily Mirror reading left-wing retard. If you can find anything on HMRC Website about such a tax, post it on here! :tosser:

Dandyman

In London village.
Bedroom Tax? Clearly a Daily Mirror reading left-wing retard. If you can find anything on HMRC Website about such a tax, post it on here! :tosser:

Welfare Reform Act if you want to be pedantic. It will still be known as the Bedroom Tax to the following:

Separated parents who share the care of their children and who may have been allocated an extra bedroom to reflect this. Benefit rules mean that there must be a designated ‘main carer’ for children (who receives the extra benefit)
Couples who use their ‘spare’ bedroom when recovering from an illness or operation
Parents whose children visit but are not part of the household
Disabled people including people living in adapted or specially designed properties.
-

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Dear spain,

I have just cancelled my holiday to you, I refuse to spend my hard earned money in a country that has decided to tax 50 Euros to cross the border from spain to Gibraltar.

I will not spend my money in a country who has decided to ban all flights over spanish airspace to Gibraltar.

I hope everyone who can, without losing money themselves, will do the same.

Your economy is reliant upon holidaymakers, a huge proportion of these holidaymakers are British.

Yours hoping you suffer badly,

Hillian

I've off to Seville in a few weeks, then down to the coast. If I can be bothered to remember I'll tell them.

I went to Gibraltar just the once on the way back out of interest, won't bother again. It's basically Swindon with better weather.

I was massively disappointed. My wife nailed it when she said it's as if our holiday ended a day early.

It's hard to explain unless you have been there. It's not Brits abroad. It's just Britain.

Why on earth would anyone get on a plane to visit it ? Save yourself the hassle and go to East Grinstead.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
and to think this is all over an artificial reef! massive overreaction from the Spanish.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Got friends in Gibraltar (born and bred Gibraltarians that came to the UK for uni). I spent a week there last year, its a lovely place. These border struggles can really affect those living there.

I particularly enjoyed the 'Gibberish' language, as they call it; a mish-mash of Spanish and English.

I take the point about it being Britain with better weather. It basically is, but the Gibraltarians are lovely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here