• Yes

Votes: 55 8.7%
  • No

Votes: 577 91.3%

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Imagine if his name was read out, and deathly silence fell upon the Amex. It would be epic.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Interested to know how many of those in the South Stand that day would boo him now and how many are prepared to forgive. I was there and think it was worse than those who were not there imagine.

I won't boo but will struggle to cheer.........

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
This is football! There is no loyalty in the game, just money! Those of you who say you won't cheer if he scores! What a load of old toss! I am sure if someone gave you the amount of abuse he received for changing clubs you would sling it back at the first opportunity?! Life is short, move on, embrace the signing and now look at the strength in depth! 4 hours ago there was talk of a failed season due to no signings! Now look at it! And Hammond is part of it!! In Gus we trust!!

Well said sir

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Yes it did, Bladders. But that does not wipe out everything that's gone before.

I could have added Barry Hearn and various others. One of the universal constants of football support is a long and unforgiving memory, an eidetic recollection of slights against your club which should not merely be shrugged off. Or is that just me?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Never ever boo an Albion player.

Once he shows his renewed commitment to the Albion, he will become a hero again !

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He may have been a bit of a plum with the celebration, but he improves our midfield shirley and that's what it should be all about.

People have been slaughtering Dicker and Harley, we now have better options, so get behind the team.

D

Deleted member 2719

Booing at your own player may have you looking over your shoulder all season, just a thought???

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Imagine if his name was read out, and deathly silence fell upon the Amex. It would be epic.

I will do nothing to jeopardise the club. If that means applauding Hammond then I will, but I am not happy that a player who goaded the fans at Withdean is allowed to return. In my eye he is a wanker. If he sends out an official apology then I will reconsider my views.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Christ there's some crap on this thread. He is a good player and strengthens the squad. Yes, he was a bit of a twat celebrating in front of us a few years back but we're bigger than that aren't we?

Welcome back Dean.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I won't boo but I might start a chant of "one Steven Thomson" after his name is read out.

Maybe too subtle for him but, meh.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Interested to know how many of those in the South Stand that day would boo him now and how many are prepared to forgive. I was there and think it was worse than those who were not there imagine.

I won't boo but will struggle to cheer.........
I feel the same. Was in the South stand although a bit along from where he McGleished it.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
FFS what a utter disgrace some of you are. He was captain of a promoted side last season and so we have signed total quality. Yes he made mistakes in the past but what's wrong with giving someone a chance to make amends?

I will always cheer those in the stripes and suggest that those that boo do us a favour and leave.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It comes down to whether you're a JCL who obviously never went to withdean and never felt bitter THAT night. Or a long timer Who was there all those years when we were shit and obviously witnessed Hammonds classless reaction.

Now I can understand both sets of views. Really I can. But doesn't make the JCLs right does it?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
no , he'll be wearing the sacred blue and white stripes.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I doubt we'll get the chance to boo him, unless Crofts is on international duty :lolol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Think you need to grow up fella!

We're all allowed an opinion, mine is that he let us down, badly. no need to grow up, you have a differing opinion, and I respect that, I think you're wrong, but I don't think you need to change anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports