NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Dean Hammond

Think this may be a go-er.

If Bridcutt does go, then we are left thin on the ground for holding midfielders and when Hammond played that role last year in Bridcutts absence, he was excellent.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Dean Hammond

One thing that was missing from our midfield last season was pace. Getting Hammond back won't improve the situation.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Think this may be a go-er.

If Bridcutt does go, then we are left thin on the ground for holding midfielders and when Hammond played that role last year in Bridcutts absence, he was excellent.
Nah it ain't going to happen.

I'm expecting the rest of our transfers to be Spanish.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
We had one of the best defences in the league last year, and were so much stronger at the back when Hammond was playing.

He would be a very useful addition to the squad.

I reckon the sun must have got to you lot.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have no problem with Hammond, I wouldn't be thrilled if he came back but I wouldn't be disappointed.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Dean Hammond

We had one of the best defences in the league last year, and were so much stronger at the back when Hammond was playing.

In all fairness Stephen Ireland and last year, Wayne bridge were too good for us

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013

Hammond was awful, he had a handful of good games otherwise he went missing for the 20mins he came on for. I would much rather the likes of Ince and JFC were given an opportunity to learn Oscars style of play and slowly integrated into the team.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Overall, we were much harder to beat when he was playing. I completely agree about the pace of his ball movement & strange propensity to foxtrot in circles with the ball; also agree that if Oscar is applying a new style then it would benefit Ince or JFC to have more chances to adopt it. But doesn't change tha fact that other teams generally struggled to break us down more when he was on the pitch.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I laughed when he took out that Forest player, off the ball, and got away with it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But doesn't change tha fact that other teams generally struggled to break us down more when he was on the pitch.
That's because we were playing not to lose.
4 defenders - 2 holding centre midfield - even a holding left winger :facepalm:
No wonder we were hard to break down.

We've been lead to believe Oscar is more attack minded, therefore Hammond isn't the answer.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Hammond was awful, he had a handful of good games otherwise he went missing for the 20mins he came on for. I would much rather the likes of Ince and JFC were given an opportunity to learn Oscars style of play and slowly integrated into the team.

This. I don't even think he had a handful of good games. Offers nothing. The one player I don't want us to sign!

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Thanks but no thanks.

Simply doesn't pass forwards and I've seen milk turn quicker.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
So lets say we sell Bridcutt for 5ml plus add ons to a premier league club. We would not stand in the players way and i think Hammond would be an ideal replacement. Peterborough away i remember he was excellent.He can also score the odd goal.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How can anybody say they would rather have Ince than Hammond in our squad.
That has to be a joke posting as a wind up. JFC has ability and will eventually get into the first team if not with us with some team but I cannot see the same happening for Ince for a long time well at least not in the FL, perhaps in the Conference. Having said that he is young and time is on his side so may improve his basic ball control and staying on two feet and prove me wrong.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If the club is looking to control the wage budget I would think they will try to get some use out of Crofts, not sign a very similar player who is only a marginal improvement. With Agustien too we seem to have enough midfield players... if Bridcutt goes Hammond is not a great solution as seen by how much we missed Bridcutt in his absenses last season.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I do feel quite sorry for him, stuck at a club who don't want him, not allowed to train with the squad, yes he is being paid but a footballer wants to play football not watch it from afar. It will cost any club money to have him until this time next year so its far less likely a club will come in for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here