Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Hammond: UPDATE - Signs for Leicester City

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Even if he wasn't, he always seemed to be a second or 2 slower than everybody else.
Not helped by his desire to turn a full circle over the ball when it was passed to him.

Yes yes. Me and my chum @Uter said this about him as well. That full-circle thing really annoyed me and always lost us momentum.

D

Deleted member 2719

If we want to have the ball at all away from home then Dean Hammond, or a similar player, is the first player we want.

This is the real correct answer, he may not start many but a very useful player to have in defending a 2 goal plus lead or if we need the odd stalemate game.
Would have thought he would be good value for money.

It's a :thumbsup: from me.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes would definitely take him. Steady player and has a physical presence which we seem to be lacking at the moment.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A number of people are suggesting that JFC should be included in the midfield but if that is the case he would need some physical presence like Hammond available to help him.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Dean Hammond

Just seen a tweet from indykalia (one of the more reliable "insiders") stating that Hammond wants out of Southampton and wants to come back to us. Charlton are also interested.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Would think he's on more than 'squad player' money and that's the issue. To start he's probably not DREADFUL value but as a bench player I imagine his wages would be an obsticle. Perhaps a signing fee and then lower wages if he's available 'on a free'?

Also agree, yes as first option off bench, no as a starter.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can understand what the doubters are saying but I would definitely have him in our squad. There may be times when we want to slow the game down.

Providing his wages are not too high.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here