Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Stockdale: "We're not in a relegation fight"

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
No mate, I wasnt implying you were, o I was. Goes to show how message boards can be read in lots of ways! What is for sure is that our players have been sh!t this season and we are 3 points from the relegation zone with a player who doesn't seem too worried about it. Time he and the rest of them shut up and showed some fight on the field and won some points.

What are you having a pop at me for?

Feb 14, 2010
Amazing the players and manager have not worked out that they are in a relegation battle. They have been utter shit this season but it seems that they have not noticed. Funny that, because the league table is published every week.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Bunch of jokers our players, but what is new? Can some tell them that what they write in newspapers is just chip paper. Greer, Stockdale, Hypia and the rest of the jokers running around in our blue & white stripes are judged by points. They already have taken the club to the best we can hope for is mid table and the worst is relegation. Time they shut up and started to show some fight on the pitch.

The whole thing is stage managed imo .... goes down well in the US!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I like Stockdale and think he has to put up with some unnecessary abuse, but he is clearly just plain wrong about this. All the talk of backing Hyypia and the players have had meetings mean nothing, the 90 minutes on the pitch are just plain dreadful.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Having seen absolutely nothing on the pitch which I could interpret as 'fight' then I'm inclined to agree with him.

2014-15: the year we were relegated without a fight.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Isn't he just saying he has confidence in the squad and doesn't feel in a state of horrendous panic over being near the bottom with so many games to go?
That sounds reasonably sensible. Better than I AGREE WITH YOU ALL THAT WE'RE SHITE AND THESE DOLDRUMS ARE NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO DRAG OURSELVES OUT FROM. I AM A FINN BINNER.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Isn't he just saying he has confidence in the squad and doesn't feel in a state of horrendous panic over being near the bottom with so many games to go?
That sounds reasonably sensible. Better than I AGREE WITH YOU ALL THAT WE'RE SHITE AND THESE DOLDRUMS ARE NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO DRAG OURSELVES OUT FROM. I AM A FINN BINNER.

He may be saying that. He may very well be saying that.

But he has said it in a way that suggests arrogance and complacency.

Confidence in his team mates is all well and good, but to suggest that we will pull clear if we play like we did against Millwall - well, that's a little bit stupid, isn't it? He must know that a massive improvement is needed, and if he thinks that we haven't noticed this too, well, he is deluded and thick.

It's a tad annoying to see what is happening, but to hear everyone in the club suggesting that all is well, and nothing needs to change.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sockdale has become the club's official sock puppet. Are they putting mind altering drugs into the player's food at Lancing ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here