David Lopez

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
To be fair, in our two biggest games of last season he went missing. As did the rest of our Spanish contingent, and I include Ulloa in that.

Cracking player, but lets get real. If he goes, there are others we can sign.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Off to Palace then eh.

Didn't say that did I? The offer has been on the Table since May, he has been linked with Boro and few other clubs definitely not Palarse. But today on the back page he says, come and get me plea. Why the come and get me plea, when the new deal is on the table?!

Seems to me he wants more money from us, and he won't sign it till he gets what he wants.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I hope he does sign for another year but it's really not the end of the world if he doesn't.

It could be that Oscar wants someone else - someone he doesn't see as part of the team Gus built.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Didn't say that did I? The offer has been on the Table since May, he has been linked with Boro and few other clubs definitely not Palarse. But today on the back page he says, come and get me plea. Why the come and get me plea, when the new deal is on the table?!

Seems to me he wants more money from us, and he won't sign it till he gets what he wants.

I know fella, I was joshin with you.

Of course he wants more money we all do, I dont blame him for trying.

I dont care if he stays or goes to honest, as others have said on here already.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
If Oscar plays a proper 433 with two wingers, SD may not find it quite as easy to hold down a starting place.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I love Spanish Dave. He's worth almost any amount, I reckons. An extra £5k a week for a year will not break the bank. DO IT, Albion.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
If Oscar plays a proper 433 with two wingers, SD may not find it quite as easy to hold down a starting place.

Why?

Kaz - Ulloa - Buckley

Orlandi - Bridders - Lopez

That'd only be at home anyway. I'd expect a more cautious line up away from home, with perhaps Barnes for Kaz and Crofts for Orlandi/Lopez/Buckley.
Plus Will can only play around 30 games a season and Kaz gets injured a lot. Assuming we don't bring in a lot more players, I think Dave would be a regular.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Why?

Kaz - Ulloa - Buckley

Orlandi - Bridders - Lopez

That'd only be at home anyway. I'd expect a more cautious line up away from home, with perhaps Barnes for Kaz and Crofts for Orlandi/Lopez/Buckley.
Plus Will can only play around 30 games a season and Kaz gets injured a lot. Assuming we don't bring in a lot more players, I think Dave would be a regular.

I get your point but personally I would worry with a midfield made up of Bridders, Orlandi and Dave - even at home. We'd be in danger of being overrun - especially if teams continue to play five in midfield against us.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
This has got to be about wages with the club weighing up whether it is worth improving on the offer made previously or if Oscar has a replacement in mind with a lesser financial outlay.

Welcome to FFP

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I imagine he's got a big offer from Reading or Forest and wants us to match it, or get close.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Well, she has 1622 followers, and an amateur-looking blog. She's not Guillem Balague.

Agreed. That would be daft as Guillem is a bloke. Seems more reliable than most though and infinately more so than people on this forum. Strange tweet from her regarding spanish players we are interested in; what is so complicated in signing a player from Spain (unless they are all very sought after?)

"@noeliadeniz: There are a few Spanish players that interest Brighton but the process for them is ever so complicated! Can't guarantee anything #BHAFC"

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I get your point but personally I would worry with a midfield made up of Bridders, Orlandi and Dave - even at home. We'd be in danger of being overrun - especially if teams continue to play five in midfield against us.

Yeah, you're probably right (you should know, given your username). I just like to imagine that we'll have around 90% possession at home and therefore other teams won't have a hope in hell of getting at us.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Disagree. He would play the Xabi Alonso role, like when Liverpool had a PERFECT midfield 3.

Masch - destroyer
Alonso - passer
Gerrard - box-to-box

So for us I think

Bridcutt
Lopez
A Razak type midfielder with a great engine, good tackler but can also distribute - asking a lot I know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports