Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Lopez

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
Agreed. That would be daft as Guillem is a bloke. Seems more reliable than most though and infinately more so than people on this forum. Strange tweet from her regarding spanish players we are interested in; what is so complicated in signing a player from Spain (unless they are all very sought after?)

"@noeliadeniz: There are a few Spanish players that interest Brighton but the process for them is ever so complicated! Can't guarantee anything #BHAFC"

I wonder if she is referring to complications with signing new players while the appeal is going on? (if there is an appeal that is)

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
From what I've seen of Oscar's tactics, I think you will find that the team will play with Bridcutt and another DM in centre midfield...which is why I think he was looking at Dunky in that holding midfield role on Saturday.

So in effect you have a 4-2-1-3 / 4-2-3-1. This enables the midfield to gamble more and move the ball forward quicker to the wide men, without running the risk of the lone DM (i.e. Bridcutt) being caught out...It also allows teams to not have to rely on dominant or quick centre halves as the two DM's can fill in defensively.

It also allows the wingers FAR more freedom...The reason for this is because, rather than relying on wingers to cover the full backs, your left or right sided DM's do that job for you....

Also, if we do go down this route, then expect to see alot of play next year where the ball is moved quickly from one side of the pitch to the other to counter-attack opposition teams. We have the players capable of doing this and it would suit Orlandi's game as a playmaking central midfielder.

Great post. :thumbsup:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I think, very sensible, a two year contract is on offer but at a reduced weekly wage. Every club is going to have to wake up to the FFP and understand that for once, as with all businesses, salaries form a % of turnover and across your employment spectrum you have to hit that %.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
This ia a bit harsh - there has been a few lttle bits from various sources indicating the Lopez may leave. Maybe he wants to stay but on an improved contract ? it does appear that once we make a contract offer to players it is take it or leave it. Bridge was willing to stay as well bbut we would not match his wage demands (which were not extortionate).

Your last 3 sentences are just pure speculation!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So we could be looking at Bridcutt and Ake DM, Orlandi, Benayoun and Buckley attacking and Ulloa up top. I like that on paper but one or two might need to spend some time in the weights room.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here