Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Lopez

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Very odd. We offered him a one year deal, he's happy with one year. Someone from the club needs to give him a call to iron out any confusion

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just get the feeling that the club arn't really bothered about resigning him, which I don't understand.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Maybe Oscar has something better lined up? Just a thought.

I'd be very surprised if we had a player of superior quality and experienced lined up, at a cheaper price. Given the style of football that Oscar wants to play, I see no reason at all why SD wouldn't fit into his plans.

Just my opinion, mind.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Unless he's demanding massive wages there's absoltely no way we'd not make sure he was playing for us. He got better and better (forgetting the final game) throughout the season. I love Spanish Dave.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He's just saying he was good for him. That isn't saying anything against the club.

Not saying anything against the club, but siding with their mortal enemy!!

(Hey, lawyers, that is just a silly (and not very funny) joke)

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Not at all suprised by the comments re Gus from our Spanish stars.
Spanish Dave (played lots of games) "Gus was great"
Vicente (left out of the team) "Gus was rubbish"
Not rocket science is it.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Yes, but my response to that might be considered speculation, even though my tongue would have been in my cheek, somewhat.

I threw the suggestion to my brother that Lopez may have talked himself out of a contract offer by stating how great Gus was.
I hope he signs up soon and he gets the chance to be a skilled workhorse in almost any position again.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I threw the suggestion to my brother that Lopez may have talked himself out of a contract offer by stating how great Gus was.
I hope he signs up soon and he gets the chance to be a skilled workhorse in almost any position again.

That was the half-joking intent behind my comment (have edited the post you quoted), but it did flit across my mind. I would like to think that the club are professional enough to not let such comments affect them. Otherwise it will feed into all the paranoia on here about bridcutt (the only current player to have defended him?)

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Certainly seems to be. You know different?

Certainly hope she is wrong or that things are still being negotiated but it doesn't look good as far as I'm concerned. The argus article also seems to be a rehash of previous statements circulated

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not at all suprised by the comments re Gus from our Spanish stars.
Spanish Dave (played lots of games) "Gus was great"
Vicente (left out of the team) "Gus was rubbish"
Not rocket science is it.

Also

Dave - seems normal
Vicente - seems a tad unhinged

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That was the half-joking intent behind my comment (have edited the post you quoted), but it did flit across my mind. I would like to think that the club are professional enough to not let such comments affect them. Otherwise it will feed into all the paranoia on here about bridcutt (the only current player to have defended him?)

If the club were going to get rid of all players who were a fan of Gus I think we'd have about 3 players left. The clubs' not that childish, I'm sure.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
This is DL's agent pushing the negotiations. You can't blame them. Personally, I am happy that he is engaging with the process: if players are set on leaving to the highest bidder then we often hear nothing - FFS; Bridge.

Would really like us to do a deal, though. Lopez and Bridcutt in CM is as good as any in this League.

PG

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Just get the feeling that the club arn't really bothered about resigning him, which I don't understand.

Nor do I given his obvious quality. Can the club just get on with signing him please or tell Lopez he is not wanted/needed. FFS why do things take so long. And come to think of it what the hell is happening with Upson?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Consider the possibility that there are a few tasty players in the wings awaiting this flaming Poyet saga to be put to bloody bed,... just maybe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here