Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Haye TONIGHT on DAVE

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I think those punches of Haye would have put away nearly every heavyweight going including Fury had he landed them on him. That is the big question would he have been able to, I think so.

Of course. But the same can be said for almost every heavyweight if their opponent stands still and allows them to throw those shots.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It is all a big joke though for Fury, he having fun winding people up and getting a reaction. Love it or hate it this sort of thing sells fights and will make him a lot of money!

This sort of thing does turn up quite often these days, I think it's yet another thing that has been imported from the Yanks, It's like the stage managed rubbish before and after WWF bouts. If the security guards had been briefed not to allow Fury in to the ring and get the chance to gob off this would not have happened. Deny Fury entry to the ring and a microphone and he would have looked even more of an idiot hurling threats and being carried out of the auditorium.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Of course. But the same can be said for almost every heavyweight if their opponent stands still and allows them to throw those shots.

I dont think that was the case of him just standing there as I think that Hayes puching power devastated him from the first punch and took him unawares as he didnt realize Hayes power in his punches.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This sort of thing does turn up quite often these days, I think it's yet another thing that has been imported from the Yanks, It's like the stage managed rubbish before and after WWF bouts. If the security guards had been briefed not to allow Fury in to the ring and get the chance to gob off this would not have happened. Deny Fury entry to the ring and a microphone and he would have looked even more of an idiot hurling threats and being carried out of the auditorium.

Better still deny him entry to the hall as he has no need to be there to watch it only to antagonize the other boxers. His trainers etc can watch it and he can watch on TV if he is that concerned.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Personally i hope Haye becomes world champion again. He was so good as a cruiserweight, undefeated, that nobody could get near him so he had to move up to heavyweight
He then went into fights giving away so much weight, i thought he would really struggle but his skills and speed saw him become heavyweight champion of the world.
I think injury hampered him in his last couple of fights before his break.
I believe that only age is against him now, will he be quite as fast against better opposition.
Hopefully Joshua will become world champion as well in the future, be nice to see no yanks as world champions.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Personally i hope Haye becomes world champion again. He was so good as a cruiserweight, undefeated, that nobody could get near him so he had to move up to heavyweight
He then went into fights giving away so much weight, i thought he would really struggle but his skills and speed saw him become heavyweight champion of the world.
I think injury hampered him in his last couple of fights before his break.
I believe that only age is against him now, will he be quite as fast against better opposition.
Hopefully Joshua will become world champion as well in the future, be nice to see no yanks as world champions.

Haye lost to Carl Thompson as a Cruiserweight.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
My apologies, forgot that one.

In fairness he was young and naive at the time, had some early success went all out for the knockout but Thompson was an unbelievably tough and durable opponent. I think Adam Booth ended up throwing in the towel as Haye was so fatigued.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
In fairness he was young and naive at the time, had some early success went all out for the knockout but Thompson was an unbelievably tough and durable opponent. I think Adam Booth ended up throwing in the towel as Haye was so fatigued.

And Haye got floored by a super middleweight too, he has always been chinny hence why he didn't get too close to Klitchsko

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here