Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Burke, is the fat lady clearing her throat?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Confirmed by club. Since Poyet left it seems this club has been one huge disaster

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Confirmed by club. Since Poyet left it seems this club has been one huge disaster

Seriously the club has confirmed "Since Poyet left it seems this club has been one huge disaster"?

Last season was not a disaster, not even a small one!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I wonder if there's a gagging clause on either side or will some of the horror stories get aired in public?

The closing of possibly one of the most damaging chapters in the clubs recent history.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
You sound as though you are rehearsing a headline for an article

You sound like you should get out more rather than constantly sniping behind your keyboard.

Burke has put this club back at least 2 years, if your that much of a lemming not to realise then it's a sorry state of affairs.

Hope you and your Mum and Dad had a great Christmas.

Enjoy the Reading game

Love

Harty x

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
You sound like you should get out more rather than constantly sniping behind your keyboard.

Burke has put this club back at least 2 years, if your that much of a lemming not to realise then it's a sorry state of affairs.

Hope you and your Mum and Dad had a great Christmas.

Enjoy the Reading game

Love

Harty x

Great, so if you know some good stories to back up this comment please do air them. Otherwise it's just more of the sort of 'I'm in the know but couldn't possibly say' spiel that half of NSC likes to post.

Merry Xmas hun

xx

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Rubbish squad
A squad that most of us thought was capable given the right leadership and structure, add one experienced m/f maestro and I think we would compete at the top end, instead of where we are now.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
A squad that most of us thought was capable given the right leadership and structure, add one experienced m/f maestro and I think we would compete at the top end, instead of where we are now.

Burke's biggest failing appears to be forgetting some of those intangible qualities - leadership, guts, motivation.

What we have is a technically gifted but mentally soft squad - which is fine for youth recruitment where you get the chance to mould players but not so good for first team stuff.

I'm feeling charitable today.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Burke's biggest failing appears to be forgetting some of those intangible qualities - leadership, guts, motivation.

What we have is a technically gifted but mentally soft squad - which is fine for youth recruitment where you get the chance to mould players but not so good for first team stuff.

I'm feeling charitable today.

But last night we saw plenty of leadership. Players like Calderon, Holla, Ince, Dunk and Halford are all strong leaders and, when played, will battle for everything.

I'm glad Burke has gone as I never agreed with the manager not buying players themselves. However, I never agreed with the personal criticism he got on here. If you look at the summer signings, I'd say Hyypia has not used McCourt, Holla, O'Grady, Colunga and Texeira correctly. Played in the right system last night, Holla, Colunga and Tex were great last night and O'Grady had a real impact from the bench.

Added to that, Stockdale's really beginning to shine and Hughes has done his job when required. Bennett was solid again last night and hopefully Baldock will now be played alongside a big striker when he starts, as he made it clear was his best position when he joined. Even Gardner looked good when he first came in and went backwards, especially when played with JFC as a midfield two. What's happened with Toko, I have no idea.

Overall, I think last night (although only one game) showed that this is not a bottom three squad. The club were right to change the recruitment system and let Burke go but Hyypia was massively to blame for the under achievement this season!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
But last night we saw plenty of leadership. Players like Calderon, Holla, Ince, Dunk and Halford are all strong leaders and, when played, will battle for everything.

I'm glad Burke has gone as I never agreed with the manager not buying players themselves. However, I never agreed with the personal criticism he got on here. If you look at the summer signings, I'd say Hyypia has not used McCourt, Holla, O'Grady, Colunga and Texeira correctly. Played in the right system last night, Holla, Colunga and Tex were great last night and O'Grady had a real impact from the bench.

Added to that, Stockdale's really beginning to shine and Hughes has done his job when required. Bennett was solid again last night and hopefully Baldock will now be played alongside a big striker when he starts, as he made it clear was his best position when he joined. Even Gardner looked good when he first came in and went backwards, especially when played with JFC as a midfield two. What's happened with Toko, I have no idea.

Overall, I think last night (although only one game) showed that this is not a bottom three squad. The club were right to change the recruitment system and let Burke go but Hyypia was massively to blame for the under achievement this season!

I kind of agree, but would put more emphasis on the gradual decline in the strength of our squad since Gus left. For me, Sami gets the bulk of the blame for our current predicament, but Burke should also be blamed for a significant drop-off in the quality of our squad from top 6 to about mid-table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here