Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Won't be us if we have competition then ££

If it’s a difficult task to sell the Albion to the same player two years on the bounce I’m not sure he’s what we need. :shrug:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Can't see this happening barring an extraordinary turnaround in their CL qualifier. Won the first leg 2-0, and should they go through I reckon it'll take the task of convincing him to join from difficult to impossible.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To waste one transfer window chasing him was bad enough to repeat it is even worse. He rejected us let's move on

Deffo it's ridiculous the way the entire scouting network only focus on one player at a time.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
To waste one transfer window chasing him was bad enough to repeat it is even worse. He rejected us let's move on

We’ve got history for this. Gross, Ali J, Andone and Maupay were all players that we tried to sign in earlier windows than the ones they actually signed in.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
There could me another issue why we struggle to get the bigger signings over the line Poyet could sell sand to the Arabs, Hughton had a reputation been in the game along time, GP comes across as robotic in all the interviews I’ve seen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So you don't mind us being played by the agent again wasting our time to secure a bigger contract elsewhere

Are you genuinely serious?
Do you honestly believe the club only work on one deal at a time?

:lolol: bless you.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We’ve got history for this. Gross, Ali J, Andone and Maupay were all players that we tried to sign in earlier windows than the ones they actually signed in.

I understand that but there agents weren't blatantly looking for bigger bucks and the players were all still at the same club

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

As was Veltman - that seemed to work out ok.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No I don't but I would rather they didn't spend anymore time on this one to concentrate on other potential targets

So you don't think 'they' can do both?

How much time do you believe they are wasting, speaking to agent and club?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
There could me another issue why we struggle to get the bigger signings over the line Poyet could sell sand to the Arabs, Hughton had a reputation been in the game along time, GP comes across as robotic in all the interviews I’ve seen.

Except we had this problem when Hughton was manager too. We didn't sign a striker when everyone thought we needed one in the promotion season and still went up. We didn't sign a striker when everyone thought we needed one in the summer of our first Premier League season and we stayed up (and our two January signings didn't have a lot of impact). We relied on Murray having a great couple of seasons. We did sign Andone at the end of the first season but he has had less impact overall than the two strikers we've signed while Potter has been manager, Maupay and Welbeck.

The simple reason we struggle to sign quality strikers is they are the most sought after players who cost the most money and we won't spend big money on wages, quite correctly in my view.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
No I don't but I would rather they didn't spend anymore time on this one to concentrate on other potential targets

We don't even know we are spending time on this one. All the confirmation we've had from the Albion side is Naylor saying we "maintain an interest" and then lots of random Twitter info. For all we know we've moved on to other targets, or we never were focusing on him this summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here