Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I agree with the plan to wait.

Though offering less, I don't see how that would work. I think his price is vaguely affordable, because he's injured and just had an indifferent season.

If he gets himself fit, plays and scores, the big boys then come in and price us out.

They haven't done that yet. It's now a matter of who blinks first - and who would you pick in your team for a game of who blinks first?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
No idea if true and how this publication may know the plans of our recruitment team! ... But this morning in Portuguese rag via Google translate.
https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-bwin/benfica/detalhe/brighton-aperta-cerco-a-darwin

"Brighton sieges Darwin
The English club officials are studying a new offer for the red forward.
Brighton tightens its grip on Darwin Nunez, not giving up on the Uruguayan international. The English club officials are studying a new offer for the incarnate striker."

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
No idea if true and how this publication may know the plans of our recruitment team! ... But this morning in Portuguese rag via Google translate.
https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-bwin/benfica/detalhe/brighton-aperta-cerco-a-darwin

"Brighton sieges Darwin
Brighton tightens its grip on Darwin Nunez, not giving up on the Uruguayan international. The English club officials are studying a new offer for the incarnate striker."

Good spot.

Fingers crossed.

"Brighton sieges Darwin

Are they going to pay us to take him ?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
We don't give up do we? Our recruitment team play a long game. I remember learning that we had been tracking Veltman for two years, and were aware of the clause in his contract that would oblige Ajax to sell him cheaply if a premier league club came in for him. But I only learned this after he turned up one day in an Albion shirt. What I wouldn't give for a list of the names in our pipeline! We're never going to find out of course.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Well I think there’s a middle ground! I don’t think we’re doomed or going down either way.

But there’s undoubtedly for me a lack of real competition up front for Maupay, and Welbeck sadly won’t play consistently.

We have lacked a cutting edge last season, surely most agree on that. That’s not all down to the strikers of course.

I agree but I do think we'll be bottom half floating just above the relegation zone without a new striker coming in. Comfortable mid table needs a new striker or a real turn around for the ones we've got.

Still it keeps us from getting bored doesn't it!

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I agree but I do think we'll be bottom half floating just above the relegation zone without a new striker coming in. Comfortable mid table needs a new striker or a real turn around for the ones we've got.

Still it keeps us from getting bored doesn't it!

Agree, can't see us progressing without a new striker. It will be yet another frustrating season of dominating many games and not taking our chances. This has been the priority for a while and the club (with added funds) should do everything they can to get the right man over the line. Not sure if that is Nunez

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
We don't give up do we? Our recruitment team play a long game. I remember learning that we had been tracking Veltman for two years, and were aware of the clause in his contract that would oblige Ajax to sell him cheaply if a premier league club came in for him. But I only learned this after he turned up one day in an Albion shirt. What I wouldn't give for a list of the names in our pipeline! We're never going to find out of course.

Reminds me of a poor mans Real Madrid in their relentless pursuit of a particular player. :mad:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Agree, can't see us progressing without a new striker. It will be yet another frustrating season of dominating many games and not taking our chances. This has been the priority for a while and the club (with added funds) should do everything they can to get the right man over the line. Not sure if that is Nunez

agree . Suspect we go with what we have as nothing was immediately incoming. Guess we have Andone who may produce.

It is frusstrating as you know Burnley game will be similar , out muscled and missing chances. New striker essential

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Darwin not fit so even if we signed him today he wouldn’t be playing in the Burnley game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I suspect the club approach deals with a longer term view than “will he be fit for Burnley on Saturday”.

lol . I Bl00dy hope so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very surprised to see this so low down. A lot of noise on this atm.

Supposedly we’ve just put a €32m bid in. Italian journalist.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
32m for a guy that's scored 5 goals in the Portuguese league and some on here are suggesting ings is a rip off.

Interesting.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Very surprised to see this so low down. A lot of noise on this atm.

Supposedly we’ve just put a €32m bid in. Italian journalist.

Interesting. I’ve seen reports that Benfica want €45m for him having paid a reported €25m for him last summer. Seems a bit unreasonable to me seeing that he hasn’t done so well this past season picking up a number of injuries.

But if it’s true that they rely on one big sale per season, this could be the one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here