Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Stats for last season were 6 goals and 9 assists in 29 league games, and 5 goals in 7 Europa League games. Not amazing but not bad, maybe about what you'd expect playing in a new league at a higher level.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Stats for last season were 6 goals and 9 assists in 29 league games, and 5 goals in 7 Europa League games. Not amazing but not bad, maybe about what you'd expect playing in a new league at a higher level.

He also caught Covid mid season and was playing with a knee problem, which has now been treated by surgery.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
If he's injured till September, he won't be around the first team till end of October/early November (building up match fitness etc.) So he won't be starting regularly till Christmas time really. We'd need to bear that in mind before the inevitable flop accusations would start flowing in. Should we sign him, of course

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I've just spent ten minutes looking at his highlights reel, and there are a lot of quality assists in there. 9 in 29 is a great assist return.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The Mail have got this story now. I think he is ours if we are willing to pay a big big fee but his current injury is clearly a concern.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Benficas-35m-rated-striker-Darwin-Nunez.html

So annoying that we’ll have to wait a few weeks before Benfica will discuss the transfer further and then another month or two before he’d be fit to start. They have more than half a dozen strikers on their roster, many better than what we have, so a big money deal is not out of the question, especially as they seem to do one big sale per year (which is a good strategy in my opinion).

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I've just spent ten minutes looking at his highlights reel, and there are a lot of quality assists in there. 9 in 29 is a great assist return.

What would worry me is the knee surgery he had 2 months ago which he is currently recovering from and prior to that knee suregry again in 2018.

Dodgy knees and would be a great gamble IMO - especially for the figures being quoted. Can't afford another Izzy. Think we should leave this one well alone.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope this signing, if it happens, doesn’t turn out to be as disappointing as the last forward we eventually signed, with so much hype and expectation, after he’d rejected our initial approach and chose another club.

I am struggling to get enthusiastic about him. He is obviously not as good as Benfica expected and the price has increased by at least 5,000,000 Euros in a year.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
He just seems the best fit in terms of type of striker. We clearly wanted him last summer. For me it is a big yes please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Why isn’t Patrik Schick being mentioned? Fit & Firing, tall, great touch, good in the air and scorer of outrageous goals. Also has top European league experience during his developmental years. If we’re going to break the (our) bank then this bloke surely fits the bill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here