Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

albionite

May 20, 2009
14 goals in 44 (all competitions). 3 of those came against sides in the cup who are probably the same Level as Worthing.

His highlights reel is very impressive though. He obviously played well for at least 10mins of those 44 appearances.

He started of pretty well then had covid. Most of the fans rate him and think there is more to come but a few want to take the money.
"Darwin Núñez in Geral" https://serbenfiquista.com/forum/geral/1/darwin-nunez/66197/34155

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
If reports are to be believed Benfica will wait to see what happens with their European adventures before making a decision. By my estimate that's around 2 weeks of rampant speculation before Potter says "we're happy with what we've got".

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
There is an interesting line in the report in Ojogo.

Incidentally, although the market closes at the end of August and the player should only be recovered in September, there is an opening by the English to close a short-term deal for the forward

This sounds as if we are asking to take him on loan initially, to prove his fitness after injury, perhaps with an option to buy?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

Google Translation

Brighton submitted a bid to Benfica to hire Darwin Núñez worth €30 million. According to what A BOLA found, the reds rejected the offer, but are willing to talk again with the English club if they increase the stakes. Benfica is forced to sell a player and Darwin has a market.

Brighton's interest in the 22-year-old striker is not new. Last season the final fight for Darwin was between Brighton and Benfica, with the reds paying €24 million to Almería to sign the Uruguayan.

Read more in the print and digital edition of A BOLA.
WARNING

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Don’t see why it would be that far out of the question… ‘never going to happen’ is a bit extreme pal.

I'm all for going for someone like him, but just suspect he will stay at Benfica for at least a 2nd season unless he is really unhappy or see's £ signs in his eyes.

I've said all along that my prediction that whoever comes in will be someone most of us had little or any knowledge of. Another unknown like when Ulloa joined. Just my feeling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here