Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Of course we are.

I think we are seriously in for both in the knowledge that we’re highly unlikely to get either. There is a tiny tiny chance that we could end up with both but we need to show Celtic and Benfica that we are very serious NOW.

In the case we get both, we’d be shipping around 4 attacking players out ASAP but both Edouard and Nunez could play in the same team as they are both ‘footballers’ who can dribble, assist and pass very well indeed across the front line.

[emoji23] there is absolutely no chance whatsoever we’re signing both of them!

Obviously we’re still interested in Nunez but after all of the strong denials from Naylor and Owen, the fact that the bid we were supposed to be making after Wednesday night according to Celtic ‘ITK’ journalists hasn’t materialised and that desperate Edouard thread which looks funnier every day, you STILL believe we’re ‘seriously’ in for him?!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Of course we are.

I think we are seriously in for both in the knowledge that we’re highly unlikely to get either. There is a tiny tiny chance that we could end up with both but we need to show Celtic and Benfica that we are very serious NOW.

In the case we get both, we’d be shipping around 4 attacking players out ASAP but both Edouard and Nunez could play in the same team as they are both ‘footballers’ who can dribble, assist and pass very well indeed across the front line.

I'll have a pint of what you're drinking :wink:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If we can him on a loan with option to purchase at an agreed price then that has to be a win win. Good season and we stump up the money, not as good as hoped then it’s a thanks but no thanks. Very much doubt it will be that easy though.

I’d expect this one to run for a few weeks and lots of people (here and twitter) to moan and throw their toys out of the pram about a lack of forward.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
The last player we spent years chasing was Iranian ronaldo. Let’s hope we sign him and he can emulate Ali J’s brilliance.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The Mail have got this story now. I think he is ours if we are willing to pay a big big fee but his current injury is clearly a concern.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Benficas-35m-rated-striker-Darwin-Nunez.html

So annoying that we’ll have to wait a few weeks before Benfica will discuss the transfer further and then another month or two before he’d be fit to start. They have more than half a dozen strikers on their roster, many better than what we have, so a big money deal is not out of the question, especially as they seem to do one big sale per year (which is a good strategy in my opinion).

I am surprised by how much the use of the word roster here has annoyed me. Have you been following this guy?
https://twitter.com/usasoccerguy?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
No you don't need to remind me anything. Top 1 is actually the goal. The point I'm making is that whatever you think the goal is, it won't be challenged for at any cost.

Who said any cost? And that is a new point anyway. Not the point you made previously at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Lol at you lot all getting excited about a big striker signing, for the umpteenth transfer window in a row.

Lol. We'll be going with what we've got. I know it, Bloom knows it, Potter knows it and deep down i think you guys know it too.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
The last player we spent years chasing was Iranian ronaldo. Let’s hope we sign him and he can emulate Ali J’s brilliance.

TBF I think you will find Benfica suggests a bit more pedigree for this chap over AJ

albionite

May 20, 2009
Lol at you lot all getting excited about a big striker signing, for the umpteenth transfer window in a row.

Lol. We'll be going with what we've got. I know it, Bloom knows it, Potter knows it and deep down i think you guys know it too.

Why does it bother you?
Don’t open the thread, transfer rumours this time of year are exciting even if you don’t believe them. Why so many journalists make shit up.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Hmmm. Lol right back at ya fella. We shall see. The upcoming season is different. No guarantees but I am sure Tony will not accept going with what we’ve got in the striker department.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Do you genuinely believe that?!

Do I believe the club are making enquiries for players who have been long term targets for going on two plus years? It doesn’t mean we’ll land all our targets obviously but sure I can believe that.

Why is that far fetched?

Of course we are.

Exactly. Unless you’re Man City you don’t go all in on one player. It’s just sensible to keep your options open and evaluate as things progress.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Mail now saying Nunez is £35M. Too much, although it's inevitable that clubs will try and cash in on our White windfall. Move on.

Or stay with it if we think he is worth the asking price? Or question whether the Mail have got the price wrong? Now that would be a surprise.

mike1901

May 12, 2017

This is what worries me you could well be right, which could mean another season of struggling, could we get away with it again ? Aren’t we better just taking a gamble on some one like Edouard ? £15/20 millish, if we go down wed loose over £100 mil.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Mail now saying Nunez is £35M. Too much, although it's inevitable that clubs will try and cash in on our White windfall. Move on.

Yeh, the good thing is, we're not that desperate. He will be one of a cluster of targets. And if the answer is "no purchase", we'll go again in Jan and we'll have likely held our own in the meantime

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here