Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I've checked with my SAUCE in Lisbon who told me "ele esta no estadio da luz"

Which if you TRANS into INGLISH says " he is at the stadium of light"

So it looks like he has SINGED for SUNDERLAND :facepalm:

That's mighty odd, presuming we have the same SAUCE. I just messaged him and he replied:

"Meu hovercraft está cheio de enguias"

But I can't read PORTUGEEZER so I dunno what it SEZ.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I am sure it has been proven our owner is nowhere near as well off as most other Premier League club owners.

Also the club is committed to a sustainable model which means not throwing cash away, besides, around £34m already wasted on Ali J and Locadia who didn't perform

Then get rid of the blind person who went and watched these players and suggested they were any good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It’s not about fans spending blooms money it’s the fact we got Maupay wellbeck and Connolly to get us through another season . Just love how the lickers defend this no matter what

Nothing more embarrassing than using the word "lickers". Every Albion fan wanted another striker, for whatever reason it hasn't happened. We've done ok with what we have so far - let's get on with it.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Which is absolutely fine and I think everyone understands that.

However, when the ‘top ten’ target is constantly thrown around by the club you can’t blame fans for being frustrated when the transfer strategy doesn’t match that.

Absolute this ! Tells me the club being in financial trouble

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Nothing more embarrassing than using the word "lickers". Every Albion fan wanted another striker, for whatever reason it hasn't happened. We've done ok with what we have so far - let's get on with it.

But it has happened. He's at Stoke. Another one of our options? He's gone off to Germany. Another of our options? Sunning it at Cadiz.

So it's not just wanting a striker, it was ideally not losing two of the ones we already have, getting one then immediately loaning him out, AND not signing a striker.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Absolute this ! Tells me the club being in financial trouble

Not going to get drawn into absolute statements, as I haven't the foggiest...... But I do genuinely wonder if Bloom is feeling the pinch right now?

He's a smart fella and I'd guess he's not skint per se...... But if for instance he was spending X% of his wealth/income on Albion, that may have been seriously curtailed with recent events.

Maybe some late shiny additions will appear, but if they don't, maybe Bloom just doesn't have the cashflow and thus all the loans to cut the over heads?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It’s not about fans spending blooms money it’s the fact we got Maupay wellbeck and Connolly to get us through another season . Just love how the lickers defend this no matter what

No licker me there are a lot of things I fundamentally disagree with however realistic about the situation we are in.

A big flaw by the club is stating top 10, unlikely to happen at present but if we can just for once beat the teams around us we might not have to keep worrying about relegation.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
But it has happened. He's at Stoke. Another one of our options? He's gone off to Germany. Another of our options? Sunning it at Cadiz.

So it's not just wanting a striker, it was ideally not losing two of the ones we already have, getting one then immediately loaning him out, AND not signing a striker.

The outgoings have presumably been ok'd by Potter knowing what we have left. Let's give him the chance to prove he's correct.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
The higher up the Premiership you finish the higher the prize money.
Surely our chairman must have worked out the odds on laying out big bucks in July/August to get a better return in May ?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
No licker me there are a lot of things I fundamentally disagree with however realistic about the situation we are in.

A big flaw by the club is stating top 10, unlikely to happen at present but if we can just for once beat the teams around us we might not have to keep worrying about relegation.

That was said pre pandemic, a big financial paradigm shift has happened since then......

I'm not personally holding TB to an aspirational statement made before the seismic events of the last 18 months that nobody could forsee

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Im saying if it’s between him and literally NO ONE, I’d choose him. I don’t think that’s that crazy tbh. His story isn’t broadly that dissimilar to Danny Welbeck’s tbh…

I get your point , but he's not played in ages, would take quite a while to get match fit , then hoping he'll not get a knock

One of the gripes of the Liverpool backroom team is that he would rule himself out with any minor niggle.

Plus didn't WBA take this risk and he got injured pretty quickly , never to be seen again, whilst they paid him big money ?

Think I'd rather take a punt on you lacing your boots up :clap2:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I am sure it has been proven our owner is nowhere near as well off as most other Premier League club owners.

Also the club is committed to a sustainable model which means not throwing cash away, besides, around £34m already wasted on Ali J and Locadia who didn't perform

I’d be very curious to know who has “proven” this.

There’s also a difference between how wealthy someone is, and how much they are willing to invest. Bloom may not be as wealthy as the big 4/6 etc, but certainly wealthier than a number of the smaller owners, I’d wager.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The thing that worries me is the lack of pace we have thru the midfield and frontline. Thought this might get addressed. Slow build up it is then

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
That was said pre pandemic, a big financial paradigm shift has happened since then......

I'm not personally holding TB to an aspirational statement made before the seismic events of the last 18 months that nobody could forsee

Bloom said a top ten finish is the target for this season, said just after last season finished.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

Agree re top ten but that came from bloom . Not stopped other teams strengthening , god help us again with our front 3

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hear hear! Embarrassing is about the kindest thing to say about it. Also embarrassing is the obnoxious term 'bed wetter', which I won't use either - but blimey, with some of the posts splattered around on NSC today I'm having to stop myself!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Bloom said a top ten finish is the target for this season, said just after last season finished.

Ive heard that for quite a few years, if he restated it a few months back, fair enough..... It isn't happening with the window so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here