Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think we badly need the missing striker and that’s the link. But my toys are staying in if we don’t - theres already a few guessing knee jerk posts appearing here I’m afraid.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think we badly need the missing striker and that’s the link. But my toys are staying in if we don’t - theres already a few guessing knee jerk posts appearing here I’m afraid.

I'm hopeful that Maupay's good start will be the catalyst to a return to some form and a 15 goal season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm hopeful that Maupay's good start will be the catalyst to a return to some form and a 15 goal season.

Yes could well be. And Welbeck is real class when fit. I think we just need one more ready to play striker. Will be good to watch Sima very closely if he goes to Stoke.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not played a game for nearly 1,5 years so would indeed be a bit left field.

It would be, but not outside the realms - training with Real Mallorca recently, and currently linked to Panathanaikos.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
So I guess the Nunez thread get put away until January, then we all get a boner on again expecting him to sign until the blue pill wears off.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We have lost White. Our best player last season. We have lost every back up forward we had and are now likely pinning our hopes on Danny Welbeck remaining fit. As much as I admire the man, Shane Duffy will be found out at this level this season. Cucurella is a good signing but the position he plays is the same position that March has excelled at. So more depth there maybe but unlikely to be an improvement. There is no way that the squad can be seen as stronger than last year. If so, how? Where have we strengthened?

White wasn’t even our second best defender

Come to think of it, White was about our fifth best defender. Behind Webster, Dunk, March and Lamptey. Add in Veltman, so maybe sixth. Don't get fooled by transfer fees or Leeds fans voting him PotS.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Anyone reckon we might go for a left field loanee, a bit like when Welbeck was announced?

Older player who is happy to play odd parts of games. Experience for the youngsters, etc etc.

Could Daniel Sturridge fit the bill? Currently without a club, 31 years old.

Calling [MENTION=34942]Dr. No[/MENTION]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who's gonna feed and water this thread until January.

It'll be seriously overgrown by then if we don't give it a bit of a mow, tidy up.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Come to think of it, White was about our fifth best defender. Behind Webster, Dunk, March and Lamptey. Add in Veltman, so maybe sixth. Don't get fooled by transfer fees or Leeds fans voting him PotS.

White was class for us last year, and I get people want to praise the players we've got here, but playing down Ben White's season last year is just silly. He was NOT a worse defender than Solly March. That is just wrong.

Dunk was colossal last year, and in my opinion White and Webster were close behind. But even if you think Webster was better, and that's fine, Ben White wasn't our 5th best defender last year.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Still 4 hours 30 minutes to go.

Hold the nerve!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Still 4 hours 30 minutes to go.

Hold the nerve!

He’d need that long to get through immigration at Heathrow these days. Let alone have time to sign. It’s over.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He’d need that long to get through immigration at Heathrow these days. Let alone have time to sign. It’s over.

Where is he now?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
White was class for us last year, and I get people want to praise the players we've got here, but playing down Ben White's season last year is just silly. He was NOT a worse defender than Solly March. That is just wrong.

Dunk was colossal last year, and in my opinion White and Webster were close behind. But even if you think Webster was better, and that's fine, Ben White wasn't our 5th best defender last year.

White was class for us last year, but the others I've mentioned were too. I grant you that White played c36 games, which was more than the others, but Lamptey, March and Webster were all playing better than him before they got their injuries. White really kicked on from about December last year (especially when he returned to defence, and he to a back three), but both Veltman and Dunk were excellent in 2021.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Anyone reckon we might go for a left field loanee, a bit like when Welbeck was announced?

Older player who is happy to play odd parts of games. Experience for the youngsters, etc etc.

:wozza:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

934F52AB-10F8-4FDC-A48D-036E5398C7E9.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here