Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dante Vanzeir (22) - Union SG

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I wonder at what point the Albion recruitment team switched their attention from Vanzeir to Undav? We appear to have been interested in Vanzeir only a couple of months ago. What's the possibilty of going back for him as well in thhe summer?

Can you imagine it on here if we'd signed one of their two strikers and came away with the one who'd scored fewer goals...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I wonder at what point the Albion recruitment team switched their attention from Vanzeir to Undav? We appear to have been interested in Vanzeir only a couple of months ago. What's the possibilty of going back for him as well in thhe summer?

Vanzeir is probably still interesting but a more difficult deal to pull off I imagine. If he keeps it up and play more games for Belgium he might be worth £20m or so in the summer, which might be money that is more interesting than signing him cheap to Brighton and hope that he can take the step up to the PL.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
From the highlights reel really thought Undav looks very similar to Maupay so was suprised we'd gone for him although maybe we are thinking of life beyond Neil. Also from that reel the defending in Belgium is utterly shocking. Going to be a much bigger step up to the Prem.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

My knowledge is limited, but from what I've seen of Vanzeir, he's more of a winger or number 10 than an out-and-out goalscorer. If we weren't able to extend Trossard's contract and sold him in the summer, then he would certainly be a feasible replacement.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Today he and USG announced he’s leaving to join Red Bull New York.

Thought there was a good chance he’d sign for us at some point, he could definitely manage the step up,

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Today he and USG announced he’s leaving to join Red Bull New York.

Thought there was a good chance he’d sign for us at some point, he could definitely manage the step up,
Odd move. Was his contract running down. It seems he has gone for about £4m. That’s not a lot for a striker of his age with the sort of stats he has got at USG.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Odd move. Was his contract running down. It seems he has gone for about £4m. That’s not a lot for a striker of his age with the sort of stats he has got at USG.
Strikers from the Belgian/Dutch league seem to really struggle in the prem, I’m struggling to remember the last time a striker came from either league and really looked the part.

Anyone? Probably missing someone obvious.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Strikers from the Belgian/Dutch league seem to really struggle in the prem, I’m struggling to remember the last time a striker came from either league and really looked the part.

Anyone? Probably missing someone obvious.
Luis Suarez and Robin Van Persie

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

His contract was to Summer 2024. Bit surprising they let him go this window as haven’t loaned in a replacement.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
His contract was to Summer 2024. Bit surprising they let him go this window as haven’t loaned in a replacement.
Signed Yorbe Vertessen on loan earlier this week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here