Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck, should we? [18/10: we did - one year deal] - *** NEW ONE YEAR DEAL ***

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I've always been happy to give him a pop he's still young and despite always being a bit of a joke player everywhere he went to, managers like ferguson and Wenger played him and he scored lots for England. Massively good pedigree.

If he's injured most of the season them so be it. But this still has to be better than nothing !!

... not really

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I predict bench, but... this is Potter choosing, so who knows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant recall one single signing in the Potter era that has started their first game in the side and not been on the bench or not in the squad at all. No chance he starts.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've always been happy to give him a pop he's still young and despite always being a bit of a joke player everywhere he went to, managers like ferguson and Wenger played him and he scored lots for England. Massively good pedigree.

If he's injured most of the season them so be it. But this still has to be better than nothing !!

Thats pretty much my view on it. We HAD to get someone in as another striking option, it was absolutely vital. He brings a wealth of experience and has a superb pedigree. Watford got 18 games out of him last season, hopefully we can get similar. I'd imagine he'll be a useful influence on the training ground with Maupay and Connolly, who lets face, it could both do with some pointers on finishing. Having a guy who scored 16 times in 42 games for his country (in recent times as well) can't be a bad thing.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just as an aside WA on a recent Albion Unlimited podcast wasn’t keen as the player always seemed injured...and then in the next sentence mentioned that he’d like Albion to go after Jack Wiltshire :facepalm:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he is injured most of the season then it wouldn't be better than nothing, it will actually be nothing.

That’s the spirit, let’s write him off as injured before he even gets injured :lolol:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
If they can avoid getting in each other’s way and try and help each other, rather than getting to greedy, I think him and Maupay could be a solution to our problems.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Thats pretty much my view on it. We HAD to get someone in as another striking option, it was absolutely vital. He brings a wealth of experience and has a superb pedigree. Watford got 18 games out of him last season, hopefully we can get similar. I'd imagine he'll be a useful influence on the training ground with Maupay and Connolly, who lets face, it could both do with some pointers on finishing. Having a guy who scored 16 times in 42 games for his country (in recent times as well) can't be a bad thing.

Virtually a like for like replacement for Glenn in my opinion, and his presence in the dressing room, and on the training ground,is just as important as his playing time.

Just like Glenn he has been there, seen it, done it, and got the jim-jams, but unlike Glenn he still has a few seasons on the pitch left in him.

What's not to like?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Virtually a like for like replacement for Glenn in my opinion, and his presence in the dressing room, and on the training ground,is just as important as his playing time.

Just like Glenn he has been there, seen it, done it, and got the jim-jams, but unlike Glenn he still has a few seasons on the pitch left in him.

What's not to like?

The fact that his legs are made of Weetabix.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I thought he was really good last night and showed ability wise he is the best striker we've got, have to try and keep him fit.

Yes he should have scored that chance but I'm confident the goals will come with more match sharpness. His combination of skills in running off the ball, positioning, strength, mobility and ability to keep hold of the ball are something we've been crying out for for in a striker all the time we've been in the Premier League, plus his link up play with Lallana is really exciting.

He was a massive plus last night.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think I've ever seen a player instantly, seamlessly, fit into the ethos of a team like Welbz has. :jester:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I think we can all agree Welbz was excellent and we have a real player on our hands, just need to keep him fit. He faded in the 2nd half which is expected with his lack of march practice and as he did and came off so to the team performance and threat dropped. That first half though was top drawer and Burnley really struggled with his movement.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I thought he was really good last night and showed ability wise he is the best striker we've got, have to try and keep him fit.

Yes he should have scored that chance but I'm confident the goals will come with more match sharpness. His combination of skills in running off the ball, positioning, strength, mobility and ability to keep hold of the ball are something we've been crying out for for in a striker all the time we've been in the Premier League, plus his link up play with Lallana is really exciting.

I thought Lallana was top notch lat night ..just need him to add some goals to his play.

Should be sacked though ..its trending

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I think he was alright but the "new player bias" is pretty obvious on NSC. If it was Maupay missing that chance, people would have said he is shit and wanted to bench him. If it was Connolly missing that chance, people would have wanted to ship him on loan to Preston.

As I see it his performance was decent, nothing more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here