Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck, should we? [18/10: we did - one year deal] - *** NEW ONE YEAR DEAL ***

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
There is a clause in the NDP

If you're 6'3" built like a brick shit house and can leave Zaha in tears witrhout getting sent off, you're exempt.

I'm warning up the Cortina to go and collect him.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It is a yes from me, so that should settle it, sign him up.
He would offer much needed experience along with lallana on the pitch and in the dressing room, we badly need more experience on the pitch that could help us hold on to leads and see out matches. No transfer fee would off set the wages and I can't see them being much if any more than lallana or dunk anyway.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
This would be a desperation signing, but it feels as though this is the direction we may be heading in.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
DW would struggle to get through 45 minutes a season

He has 224 Premier League appearances with 44 goals and was fit and in form for Watford after lockdown. He scored 3 goals from 9 starts for them. This is what he can do.

https://youtu.be/pE1Wzq0h7Rk

If we want a cheap (free transfer) option as cover for Maupay & Connolly, I think DW is the best bet, he could actually challenge for a starting place unlike Zeqiri (at present). The other option would be to go with what we’ve got as I’m sure we’re not going to pay a fee for anyone now (after what Barber said last night). We could have Tau & Andone in January so it’s just the next dozen weeks or so where it feels like we’re a bit light with number 9s.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It is a yes from me, so that should settle it, sign him up.
He would offer much needed experience along with lallana on the pitch and in the dressing room, we badly need more experience on the pitch that could help us hold on to leads and see out matches. No transfer fee would off set the wages and I can't see them being much if any more than lallana or dunk anyway.

Wise words.
I can see this one happening if the club are happy with his fitness.

It certainly fills a gap.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Danny Welbeck is an interesting option. One the one hand he's talented and if fit and at his best better than either of our current strikers as a player if not an out and out goalscorer IMO. The 'if fit' part is obviously the most important here. Assuming that he is and can pass a medical and is willing to sign a short term deal till say the end of the season I think he could be a useful option. He is different to both Malpay and Connolly and more of a traditional central striker but still offers pace in behind and decent technical ability which Potter likes in his strikers.

He buys us some immediate decent cover and some time to see if Zeqiri and Gyokeres can step up from their respective loan spells. I don't see him as a starter for straightaway but as a plan B and for that he does have more merit than our current options. I assume we either don't have or are unwilling to spend the money on the other options out there available currently. This could be a useful low risk stopgap...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here