Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck, should we? [18/10: we did - one year deal] - *** NEW ONE YEAR DEAL ***

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Okay, it's The Sun, but they are currently reporting...

"West Ham are priced at 11/2 to sign the former England international, as they lead Aston Villa, Newcastle and Fulham in the bookies' market."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Okay, it's The Sun, but they are currently reporting...

"West Ham are priced at 11/2 to sign the former England international, as they lead Aston Villa, Newcastle and Fulham in the bookies' market."

Time to close this thread? :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Danny Welbeck, should we? . . .

Ideal for a one year deal if we are to resume our search for a ‘Nunez’ in January. We’d not really want someone like Josh King who would want to be here for 4+ years on a King’s ransom would we?

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Neither Deacon Blue, nor Danny Wilson were one hit wonders. Nor were they indie bands in the true sense of the word, both being on major labels. James were an indie band (although I think that Blanco y Negro was one of those indie labels set up by a major). They weren't bland back in the day. Stutter is a fine album and their 'One Man Clapping' is one of the great underrated live albums. Johnny Yen and Burned were particular stand outs. Skulldugery on their first album was a song about insects eating someone's head from the inside. Definitely not bland back then.

By the way, it seems clear that, barring a bad injury before the deadline, we won't be signing anyone from the EFL, nor any free agents.

I click on the link hoping for Danny Welbeck speculation and end up pondering on whether Danny Wilson’s A Girl I Used To Know Qualifies as a hit.
God bless nsc.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I click on the link hoping for Danny Welbeck speculation and end up pondering on whether Danny Wilson’s A Girl I Used To Know Qualifies as a hit.
God bless nsc.

But I meant 'The Second Summer Of Love.'

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
One hit wonder? Hardly!

Dignity"
"Loaded"
"When Will You (Make My Telephone Ring)"
"Chocolate Girl"
"Real Gone Kid"
"Wages Day"
"Fergus Sings the Blues"
“I’ll never fall in love again”

To name but a few

(I’m a bit of a fan seen them must be near 20 times over the last 30 years!)

We must have crossed paths at one of those gigs!

Love Deacon Blue!

There’s a man I meet...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
One hit wonder? Hardly!

Dignity"
"Loaded"
"Chocolate Girl"
"Real Gone Kid"
"Wages Day"
"Fergus Sings the Blues"

To name but a few

Definitely not a one-hot wonder, but Chocolate Girl was awful. I had to look it up - it didn't make the Top 40.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
One hit wonder? Hardly!

Dignity"
"Loaded"
"Chocolate Girl"
"Real Gone Kid"
"Wages Day"
"Fergus Sings the Blues"

To name but a few

Not one hit wonders, but I'm guessing a lot of people only know the woo woo song and won't know what it's called either.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Why are you comparing these two? We didnt bring Adam in as a striker whereas Welbeck....

Somebody else said they had more or less identical records last season so I thought I'd look it up and see what the facts were. Force of habit.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Danny Welbeck, should we? . . .

The Sun now picking up on the Mail exclusive:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12918236/danny-welbeck-brighton-watford/amp/

Not sure if that makes it less likely?

Whatever, I’m in as this would be a great stop-gap to protect from injuries/suspension until January comes when the window will re-open and we can chase the likes of Edouard again plus have possible options on Andone and Tau.

Welbeck also offer something different to what we already have.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The Sun now picking up on the Mail exclusive:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12918236/danny-welbeck-brighton-watford/amp/

Not sure if that makes it less likely?

Whatever, I’m in as this would be a great stop-gap to protect from injuries/suspension until January comes when the window will re-open and we can chase the likes of Edouard again plus have possible options on Andone and Tau.

Welbeck also offer something different to what we already have.

Good King was mentioned too. But we’ve seen so many of these articles all summer and it seems it was only Nunez we were seriously interested in (he just scored after coming on for Uruguay after 2 mins but eventually disallowed by VAR for a handball in build up btw)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here