Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck, should we? [18/10: we did - one year deal] - *** NEW ONE YEAR DEAL ***

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Shame that he is a free agent. In effect, he needn’t lower his ludicrous demands as he can sign for a team anytime. Come October when the likes of Villa/Blades/S’ampton discover that they can’t score goals, he’ll have his pick at sky high costs.

Can they though? I don't believe they can - as they have to give their 'Squad' to the Premier League, and they can only alter that '25' in the transfer windows...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Can they though? I don't believe they can - as they have to give their 'Squad' to the Premier League, and they can only alter that '25' in the transfer windows...

I thought you could if you have a place out of the 25 free?

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
I thought you could if you have a place out of the 25 free?

Found this from last summer...

When can clubs make changes to their Squad List?

Changes can only be made to their squad list during a transfer window, meaning clubs will have to wait until January to register any more players after today.

But, in special circumstances, clubs can request changes with the permission of the Premier League Board.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
To be clear, "we're struggling massively and this mercenary needs to get in our team immediately due to his cost" isn't going to qualify as an exception.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Shame that he is a free agent. In effect, he needn’t lower his ludicrous demands as he can sign for a team anytime. Come October when the likes of Villa/Blades/S’ampton discover that they can’t score goals, he’ll have his pick at sky high costs.

No I think he still has to be named in a PL 25 man squad by the end of August otherwise he cannot play until January.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Is Vicarage Road the league ground closest to a hospital? A significant factor in his move?

vicarage-road-cover.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He'll bang in a hat-trick against us, stub his toe the week after and miss the rest of the season.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I can’t believe he’ll play against us on Saturday - he hasn’t played a competitive game since last November and can’t have had a proper pre-season having not been with a club.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I can’t believe he’ll play against us on Saturday - he hasn’t played a competitive game since last November and can’t have had a proper pre-season having not been with a club.
Perera and delefou are not really fit either. Big opportunity this weekend

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Been revealed that 'Welbz' has got a £5.5m release clause in his contract, at that price we should be all over him. Would be a fantastic signing, if and when he's fit he's a fantastic player

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Been revealed that 'Welbz' has got a £5.5m release clause in his contract, at that price we should be all over him. Would be a fantastic signing, if and when he's fit he's a fantastic player

But he isn't and hasn't really been fit his whole career pretty much. I agree he's decent when he plays but its way too infrequently. I just checked and he hasn't played more than 30 league games in a season in his entire career and just the 18 games last season. Plus he's now 30.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here