[Albion] Danny Welbeck, should we? [18/10: we did - one year deal] - *** NEW ONE YEAR DEAL ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Nailed on to sign for the South London Comedy Collective in this their triumphant relegation season........

Agreed, has them written all over it. Probably as a panic buy to "reassure the fans" after Mr Tumble has been shipped out late in the window.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Been revealed that 'Welbz' has got a £5.5m release clause in his contract, at that price we should be all over him. Would be a fantastic signing, if and when he's fit he's a fantastic player

Is he really? I remember him scoring the odd spectacular goal but hardly being prolific and being largely a disappointment for England. A goal every five games over his Premier League career, mostly for Manchester United and Arsenal, who make loads of chances. Slightly better return for the national side, but then most of their matches are qualifiers against relative minnows.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Been revealed that 'Welbz' has got a £5.5m release clause in his contract, at that price we should be all over him. Would be a fantastic signing, if and when he's fit he's a fantastic player

:lolol: Lovely stuff.

If only Bens Grandad was still with us - he'd have suggested this himself without a hint of irony, although he wouldn't have referred to him as 'Welbz' for comedy effect.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No. I fancy he'll end up at Palace and probably score 3 or 4 goals in total next season (although one or two of those is bound to be against us).

He played many times for England under Hodgson and I'm surprised this deal hasn't already been done.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
No. I fancy he'll end up at Palace and probably score 3 or 4 goals in total next season (although one or two of those is bound to be against us).

He played many times for England under Hodgson and I'm surprised this deal hasn't already been done.

Possibly too young for Hodgson unless they need cover for corner takers.

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
As our primary targets for whatever reason seem to be dropping is it worth taking another punt on Welbeck? Would be a great fit for us, can play in a pair or up on his own, would complement Maupay, plenty of pace, good finisher, can also play from wide. If he wasn't so injury prne he'd be out of our reach but finished the season well at Watford and is currently as fit as a fiddle.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ask again in 3 weeks time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have Lallana let’s not take a chance on another sick note. Both great players but the risk factor having both of them on top wages is too big imo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports