Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck, should we? [18/10: we did - one year deal] - *** NEW ONE YEAR DEAL ***

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I like him and feel he'd do a good job for us a player but his injury record is concerning. I'd take him in a heartbeat if he wasn't so injury prone but him and Lallana in the dressing room would potentially be too much of an expensive risk for us.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ask again in 3 weeks time.

This. We'll have our pick of overpaid under-achievers in 3 weeks time. Or at least those that don't fancy being uprooted from their comfy lifestyle by their commision-hungry agent to a country where they don't ever speak da lingo and where they might run the risk of having to eat some of that foreign muck that passes for food over there. Oh, and to have to conduct themselves like Elite Sportsmen. Which is just about every country other than here really :shrug:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I like him and feel he'd do a good job for us a player but his injury record is concerning. I'd take him in a heartbeat if he wasn't so injury prone but him and Lallana in the dressing room would potentially be too much of an expensive risk for us.

Seems to be the type we would take a punt on in the hope that they stay Injury free.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I’d take him on loan, and definitely over Origi

You're mad. Origi is a much better player and even if only as good, age is on his side. Best we will get out of Wellbeck is a few Murray (last 2 seasons) moments.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
We have Lallana let’s not take a chance on another sick note. Both great players but the risk factor having both of them on top wages is too big imo

Ings was a sicknote until he wasn't anymore!

Man U, Arsenal, England..... His ability is not in question. He'd be fantastic if he's still hungry.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ings was a sicknote until he wasn't anymore!

Man U, Arsenal, England..... His ability is not in question. He'd be fantastic if he's still hungry.

All down to that Inner Engine. Some players have it, HAVE to win everything right down to the pre-season team bonding crazy golf. Other players are quite happy to self-furlough for as much of their very short, very privileged career as they can get away with

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You're mad. Origi is a much better player and even if only as good, age is on his side. Best we will get out of Wellbeck is a few Murray (last 2 seasons) moments.

Few last season's moments?

Leeds just spent 36 million Inc add ons on a Spanish international 29 year old with questionable injury risks.

Seems like Wellbeck a former England International has been around forever but he is also just 29.

He looked fit, sharp and injury free at season end. If he stays that way 10+ goals no problems.

Only unsure thing is if he'd be a free or cost as wiki has 'undisclosed' contract length at Watford.

Could be a very smart piece of business

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Few last season's moments?

Leeds just spent 36 million Inc add ons on a Spanish international 29 year old with questionable injury risks.

Seems like Wellbeck a former England International has been around forever but he is also just 29.

He looked fit, sharp and injury free at season end. If he stays that way 10+ goals no problems.

Only unsure thing is if he'd be a free or cost as wiki has 'undisclosed' contract length at Watford.

Could be a very smart piece of business
100% this get him in .... Not much downside as a season long loan

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Why not get Sturridge whilst we’re at it, then the three of them can reminisce on their England days whilst in physio room (ibelive West Ham want rid of Wilshire as well so make it a foursome) earning a fortune!! Still if ( and we’re in apples and nuts terrrority) Welbeck is fit then potentially a great buy / loan

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

It doies depend on what we are looking for .. if its cover for what we have, he would be amazing IF he plays. The fact that he is still at watford really does tell a story. He cannot be your permanent solution, BUT he could be an asset if you only expect to get a small number of appearances from him. I know many on here were a very clear "no" when I tentatively suggested him when Watford went down, but the context may have changed if we havent been able to secure the ones we wanted as long-term..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here