Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Holla

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I just read that, does that mean we are getting him match fit to ship him out, is CH having another look at him? Seems that Elvis is back in the frame and only an illness stopping him playing against Fulham?
I suspect it is a bit of a shop window for him, maybe there will be a scout or 2 there.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
I still think Ince has a bright future with us. It wasn't long ago when people were waving off the loss of Bridcutt because Ince was more than filling his shoes at one point. Yes, he did go off the boil before he went out on loan but he doesn't suddenly become a bad player because of a dip in form. His original position was a centre back - with game time and coaching in that position (cup games or U21's) he could be our natural centre back cover to replace Greer without having to spend money on someone else giving us more to spend on strikers.

He will only have a bright future if we go back to a central midfield three with one holding. Which, given the success we've had with 4-4-2, isn't likely anytime soon

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I just read that, does that mean we are getting him match fit to ship him out, is CH having another look at him? Seems that Elvis is back in the frame and only an illness stopping him playing against Fulham?

IMHO more a case of first XI not being played for very long this evening and ringing he changes early. I doubt if any will see halftime except perhaps Maenpaa.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
be interesting to see who will play at CB tonight considering that we only 3 available? Dunk, Hall and White. Dallison on loan and Goldson still injured. Who else will play there?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
be interesting to see who will play at CB tonight considering that we only 3 available? Dunk, Hall and White. Dallison on loan and Goldson still injured. Who else will play there?

Will 3 not be enough CB just take Dunk off after 30 mins. Could try Rosenior alongside one of the youngsters as an experiment to see if he can add cover CB to his CV

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

Pretty sure they will take one from the u21s.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I still think Ince has a bright future with us. It wasn't long ago when people were waving off the loss of Bridcutt because Ince was more than filling his shoes at one point. Yes, he did go off the boil before he went out on loan but he doesn't suddenly become a bad player because of a dip in form. His original position was a centre back - with game time and coaching in that position (cup games or U21's) he could be our natural centre back cover to replace Greer without having to spend money on someone else giving us more to spend on strikers.

The reason he was converted to midfield is that as a centre back he is non league standard. Can't get off the ground. Can't head the ball.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No I'm not having that.
Holla was a signing that went downhill amazingly fast, he was plenty good enough until October.

You'd have thought the Albion could have offloaded him to Brentford solely based on his goal at Griffin Park.

Agreed. Reads the game well, but simply is too slow for the English game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He will only have a bright future if we go back to a central midfield three with one holding. Which, given the success we've had with 4-4-2, isn't likely anytime soon

Agree entirely. Personally, I don't think he has the discipline to be part of a midfield 2.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Pretty sure they will take one from the u21s.

I wonder who though! As I thought Dallison and White were the u21 CB's, and now Hall as well. Maybe Ince to play there for a half? or Bruno with Tyler-forbes at RB? Oh well I guess we'll find out soon enough!

Oct 25, 2003
The reason he was converted to midfield is that as a centre back he is non league standard. Can't get off the ground. Can't head the ball.

yes, i remember seeing him at Whitehawk before he broke into the team. He started at CB and was an absolute shambles. Think of all of Ince's downfalls- positional discipline, aerial ability, casual solo runs etc. These things did not make him look good at CB against non-league opposition. He switched to CM and looked much, much better and that was the season that Garcia used him a lot in that position and he looked like a really good player all season. His lack of positional discipline was masked by the fact that he had two other players in central midfield (such as the very experienced Keith Andrews) and he had two very experienced centre backs behind him to mop up. His lack of prowess in the air isn't that much of a problem in midfield (not as much as it is a problem at CB anyway) and because he had players around him he was able to go on his little runs which at times were very effective. Add to this the positive aspects of his game- power, strength, tackling ability and he was looking like a very, very promising central midfielder under Garcia- I think it helped that we had a very rigid structure under Garcia which meant that Ince was kind of allowed to try stuff out as he had really sound foundations around him but still learnt a lot in terms of positioning, decision making etc. Unfortunately he lost pretty much all of this under Hyypia who's appointment could not have come at a worse time for Ince. It what was supposed to be a more 'fluid' midfield he looked completely lost as he was often surrounded by equally inexperienced midfielders who weren't able to cover him adequately and due to not having a strict manager and good coach like Garcia around to guide him he didn't build on his skills at all. He just looked like a big clumsy midfielder with poor passing. By the time Hughton came in we were looking for a stable and solid midfield which Ince was never really going to be part of. A guy like Ince who is young and is still really learning a new position (after switching from CB) needs regular games which he was getting under Garcia but since then he has stagnated big time. Not sure him sticking around is really in his best interests and he may even need a drop to League 1 with a progressive club who can give him game time.

But a centre back he is not

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
yes, i remember seeing him at Whitehawk before he broke into the team. He started at CB and was an absolute shambles. Think of all of Ince's downfalls- positional discipline, aerial ability, casual solo runs etc. These things did not make him look good at CB against non-league opposition. He switched to CM and looked much, much better and that was the season that Garcia used him a lot in that position and he looked like a really good player all season. His lack of positional discipline was masked by the fact that he had two other players in central midfield (such as the very experienced Keith Andrews) and he had two very experienced centre backs behind him to mop up. His lack of prowess in the air isn't that much of a problem in midfield (not as much as it is a problem at CB anyway) and because he had players around him he was able to go on his little runs which at times were very effective. Add to this the positive aspects of his game- power, strength, tackling ability and he was looking like a very, very promising central midfielder under Garcia- I think it helped that we had a very rigid structure under Garcia which meant that Ince was kind of allowed to try stuff out as he had really sound foundations around him but still learnt a lot in terms of positioning, decision making etc. Unfortunately he lost pretty much all of this under Hyypia who's appointment could not have come at a worse time for Ince. It what was supposed to be a more 'fluid' midfield he looked completely lost as he was often surrounded by equally inexperienced midfielders who weren't able to cover him adequately and due to not having a strict manager and good coach like Garcia around to guide him he didn't build on his skills at all. He just looked like a big clumsy midfielder with poor passing. By the time Hughton came in we were looking for a stable and solid midfield which Ince was never really going to be part of. A guy like Ince who is young and is still really learning a new position (after switching from CB) needs regular games which he was getting under Garcia but since then he has stagnated big time. Not sure him sticking around is really in his best interests and he may even need a drop to League 1 with a progressive club who can give him game time.

But a centre back he is not
Spot on

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Chris Hughton has also gone on record as saying, that fans shouldn't read anything into the players he picks, or the formations that he plays in any of these early pre-season games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here