Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Holla

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Simply not good enough to play in a 442.

You can see how he has some merit in a central 3 but we need better regardless, hes just taking up a chunk of wages for nothing

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I thought he was a terrible player to be honest. It's not his fault and I can't say I'd wish him bad luck or anything because he worked hard and had one or two good games for us, but overall has been a complete waste of wages.

Because of him and Manu, I now shudder whenever we are linked to someone from the Netherlands.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I thought he was a terrible player to be honest. It's not his fault and I can't say I'd wish him bad luck or anything because he worked hard and had one or two good games for us, but overall has been a complete waste of wages.

Because of him and Manu, I now shudder whenever we are linked to someone from the Netherlands.

Bergkamp was a wee bit of a letdown too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bergkamp was a wee bit of a letdown too.

Apparently when one of our managers (Hinch I think) was invited up to Arsenal with a view to picking up a couple of loanees, he asked if we could have Bergkamp :mad::wozza::lolol:

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Elvis looks to be on the way out as well.

COG perhaps more difficult to shift ? ???

Nigel Clough seems to rate COG highly, really wanted him when at Sheffield Utd - I'd put money on him trying to sign him for Burton. Would probably be a big signing for Burton to get a proven Championship striker (and before anyone reacts, he had a proven track record in this league with Barnsley before signing for us !)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nigel Clough seems to rate COG highly, really wanted him when at Sheffield Utd - I'd put money on him trying to sign him for Burton. Would probably be a big signing for Burton to get a proven Championship striker (and before anyone reacts, he had a proven track record in this league with Barnsley before signing for us !)

That would be excellent.

If not, maybe Barnsley would take him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
An amazingly bad signing

That's easy to say in hinsdight! To be fair I think he played well in a few games for us particularly after he first arrived. He wasn't helped either by the midfield due of Kayal and Stephens, who of course have been magnificent since they arrived.

I feel slightly sorry for Danny, he hasn't performed that badly and has done as well as he could in the circumstances.

Good luck to him in the future.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Holla - Ince midfield came in for plenty of praise on NSC a couple of years ago.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
The Holla - Ince midfield came in for plenty of praise on NSC a couple of years ago.

I still think Ince has a bright future with us. It wasn't long ago when people were waving off the loss of Bridcutt because Ince was more than filling his shoes at one point. Yes, he did go off the boil before he went out on loan but he doesn't suddenly become a bad player because of a dip in form. His original position was a centre back - with game time and coaching in that position (cup games or U21's) he could be our natural centre back cover to replace Greer without having to spend money on someone else giving us more to spend on strikers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
it did constitute a welcome development from the Gardner-JFC axis.
Every once in a while, another name I attempt to expunge from my memory pops up, and I can't help thinking:-

'what f******g chance did Sami have?'

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Every once in a while, another name I attempt to expunge from my memory pops up, and I can't help thinking:-

'what f******g chance did Sami have?'

The Gardner-JFC axis might have performed a bit better if they weren't having to cover for the full backs stationed on the half-way line.

NB, please note, I did say might.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Gardner-JFC axis might have performed a bit better if they weren't having to cover for the full backs stationed on the half-way line.

NB, please note, I did say might.
Quite, it's highly likely Sami would have screwed up the Kayal Stephens partnership too.
But then again Hughton, or any other manager, wasn't going to get a top 3 team out of the shower Sami had at his disposal.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Danny Holla in squad for Fulham match tonight according to the Argus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here