Danny Cullip and Dan Harding...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom the Croc

Oct 12, 2004
Brighton - where else?
Didnt Coppell say he has too much respect for us, or some crap like that, to come back and nick any of our players (talking about Knight at the time I think)? Maybe if he was on a bosman it would be different though

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
Because he cannot get through a medical and so insurance becomes an issue.

Why? It has been stated that the Club does not insure its players, so what would change?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Of course Harding is on a low wage. I expect all of the youth team players are; it is up to them and their agents to negotiate new contracts if they think they deserve them and all this speculation linking Harding with every club in the country is his agents way of ensuring he gets a better contract and ensuring Bozza's bandwith bill remains high.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
if i was harding i would be happy playing for the first team when just over a year ago he was in the youth and reserve teams

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I suspect that Harding will go, but does anybody honestly think he will make it at somewhere like Everton or Newcastle? Can't see it personally.

Besides, even if his contract is allowed to run out and we can't agree a fee with a prospective club, a tribunal will side with us heavily because he has come through the ranks and is an England U21 international. We're probably better off allowing his contract to run out because we should end up with a hefty wack for what we've invested in him.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
bhafc4eva said:
Ok you are earning £300 a week working in a shed and someone offers to pay you £2k + a week to do exactly the same job but work in more luxrious surroundings. What would you do? If I were Dan i wouldnt think twice.

BUT, would the possibility of sitting on a bench in that posh shed actually be an improvement on playing in that old shed and every so often playing for the U21 shed.
He is far less likely to get into the U21 shed team if he's not playing first team football for the posh shed where he is unproven.

larus

I've been told today that 3 players may be gone by the end of the season. The person was who told me had been speaking to someone who is a friend of the El-abd family.

Right, before the 'another rumour tosser' messages start, I don't post rumours on here normally. I'm only posting waht I was told, which fits closely with the first post on this thread.

The comments about the players were :

Dan Harding has probably signed for someone else and will be gone either Jan or end of season.

Cullip is going to Notts Forest.

Knight is being lined up to leave the club.

How much truth/surprise in any of this, I don't know.
Cullip has been linked with clubs for the last 2-3 years, so no great surprise there.
Harding is dragging his heels, which doesn't bode well.
Knights doesn't appear to get on with MM.

All will become clear soon I suppose.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
larus said:
I've been told today that 3 players may be gone by the end of the season. The person was who told me had been speaking to someone who is a friend of the El-abd family.

Right, before the 'another rumour tosser' messages start, I don't post rumours on here normally. I'm only posting waht I was told, which fits closely with the first post on this thread.

The comments about the players were :

Dan Harding has probably signed for someone else and will be gone either Jan or end of season.

Cullip is going to Notts Forest.

Knight is being lined up to leave the club.

How much truth/surprise in any of this, I don't know.
Cullip has been linked with clubs for the last 2-3 years, so no great surprise there.
Harding is dragging his heels, which doesn't bode well.
Knights doesn't appear to get on with MM.

All will become clear soon I suppose.

Thank you some backing at last, so all of you who didn't believe me, this is to you :salute:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports