Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Cullip and Dan Harding...

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
I have heard from a reliable source that Harding was promised a revised contract once he had played 15 first team matches. The club refused to do this as we were unsure of which division we would be playing in this season. He is now playing for £300 a week, and feels let down by Dick Knight for not honoring the original contract. He is DEFINATELY going to Everton in either January or end of season. Also apparentley Danny Cullip will no longer be with us come the end of season. I dont mind Harding leaving so much but if Danny goes on a bosman i will feel sick. :ohmy:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Yea. The good old "reliable source" pops up again. This person must be so busy dishing out rumours that they wouldn't have time to actually find out the information in the first place

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Rangdo said:
Yea. The good old "reliable source" pops up again. This person must be so busy dishing out rumours that they wouldn't have time to actually find out the information in the first place

The Harding one is right.... contract was changed...and our young "stars" are poorly paid (club source) Cullip...I dont know about that

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Titanic said:
If Dan Harding is playing for only £300, my name is Ben van Meerendonk.

I wouldnt be suprised if it was around that, cant see hime being on as much as 500 a week... so quite feesable.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Titanic said:
If Dan Harding is playing for only £300, my name is Ben van Meerendonk.

I couldn't believe it myself but its definately true, I also questioned why Cullip was leaving and the general reason is apparantley he is too good for us! :ohmy:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Let me guess, Cullip is going to Reading.....again :jester:

Don't see the problem with Dan being on £300 a week. He is a youngster with only 30+ first team games under his belt. As soon as he got a decent run in the team he was offered a better contract, it has been his decision not to sign it. If he does, he will get paid more, what's the problem? He would not of got the same opportunities or exposure (England U21) at many other clubs so he should be grateful for his chance.
Have also heard this rumour about something being promised and then denied, but given the amount of shit his agent has been generating I take it with a huge shovel of salt.
And Mr reliable thinks Cullip is off? :yawn:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
The Auditor said:
The Harding one is right.... contract was changed...and our young "stars" are poorly paid (club source) Cullip...I dont know about that

It may be true, it might not but everytime someone says a"reliable source" has told them as far as I'm concerned it's bullshit. If it turns out to be true then so be it but 99% of the time it's not.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
The Harding news would be more likely if we hadn't been trying to sign him to a new contract for the last few months.

As for Cullip, if he's available on a free I could see several clubs being interested in taking the risk

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
We could have problems if Cullip goes cause big Guy is not getting any younger. Oh do not worry Mayo has looked solid as a centre half (sic).

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Rangdo said:
It may be true, it might not but everytime someone says a"reliable source" has told them as far as I'm concerned it's bullshit. If it turns out to be true then so be it but 99% of the time it's not.

I understand what you are saying.. most things are bullshit...I am right on this one and it may come out in the near future anyway if
danny boy leaves

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
The Auditor said:
I understand what you are saying.. most things are bullshit...I am right on this one and it may come out in the near future anyway if
danny boy leaves

I don't think either would want to leave (although a big club would be too tempting for Harding) but at the moment, as we've been told time and time again, financially we are not in a position to do anything about it. Sad but true, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Rangdo said:
I don't think either would want to leave (although a big club would be too tempting for Harding) but at the moment, as we've been told time and time again, financially we are not in a position to do anything about it. Sad but true, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Ok you are earning £300 a week working in a shed and someone offers to pay you £2k + a week to do exactly the same job but work in more luxrious surroundings. What would you do? If I were Dan i wouldnt think twice.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
bhafc4eva said:
Ok you are earning £300 a week working in a shed and someone offers to pay you £2k + a week to do exactly the same job but work in more luxrious surroundings. What would you do? If I were Dan i wouldnt think twice.
:rolleyes: But as I said above we only have your "reliable source" to go by for this information.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here