Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Cullip and Dan Harding...

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Cullip was going to join Forest when MA was reserve manager up there, until he did his knee seriously,which scuppered the deal.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
DC is out of contract at the end of the Season along with another 8 players,so no doubt he is looking to sort himself out now before it is to late.
Who can blame him,he has to think of his Family and his future doesnt he.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I think all the players can be replaced. For Harding see Hinchelwood, MAyo or wAtson. For Dan see Virgo, Hinchelwood and for Knight see Claridge, Virgo Mcphee.

The one contract non re-newal that worries me is McGhee. Everytime we get a good manager, eg Adams, Coppell we lose them. McGhee is working bloody miracles here and that fact will not be lost to other chairman. Come on Brighton sign him up

larus

Stinky Kat said:
I think all the players can be replaced. For Harding see Hinchelwood, MAyo or wAtson. For Dan see Virgo, Hinchelwood and for Knight see Claridge, Virgo Mcphee.

The one contract non re-newal that worries me is McGhee. Everytime we get a good manager, eg Adams, Coppell we lose them. McGhee is working bloody miracles here and that fact will not be lost to other chairman. Come on Brighton sign him up

I couldn't agree more Stinky. McGhee may not motivate all players, i.e. Knight, but it seems to work for others like Virgo.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
This whole thread and the linked story are all built on pure conjecture... we know that Dan H hasn't signed his contract, and we know Danny C and Leon's (amongst others) contracts are up at the end of the season... other than that, it is all rumour and hearsay...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Charlies Shinpad said:
DC is out of contract at the end of the Season along with another 8 players,

I think that is 14 players and Mark McGhee.

The club bas already said we need to know the Falmer decision before deciding new contracts. Dan Harding has been offered a contract which he hasn't signed.

Falmer yes - we have a team
Falmer no - we make do with the youngsters and continue to lose money hand over fist and do a Grimsby, sinking lower and lower.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:

The club bas already said we need to know the Falmer decision before deciding new contracts. Dan Harding has been offered a contract which he hasn't signed.

Falmer no - we make do with the youngsters and continue to lose money hand over fist and do a Grimsby, sinking lower and lower.

Disagree if we hang on in Division 1 we will attract reasonable players plus some of our youth are good as well.

I have a nasty feeling Falmer will get engulfed in a general election call. Coupled with the recent "poor" vote winning decision on hunting I see a tory surge in interest on the horixon.

larus

Yorkie said:

I agree Yorkie (Sorry Beach Hut).

Even if we stay in Div 1, we won't be able to keep/attract good players if a decent stadium is years away. DK has been very,very good in selling the dream of Falmer (I am optimistic that we'll get it).

However, if Falmer gets turned down and we get a fall-back position of Withdean for say 5 years (god forbid), some of the players in our squad that can cut it at a higher level will be looking to leave. Love the club or not, they've got a short career and need to maximse their earnings. Put yourself in their position and you could earn 2 or 3 times the amount of money that Brigton can pay, what would you HONESTLY do.

If we stay up and Falmer gets rejected, MM will be off. He will have seen out his contract, and will have enhanced his reputation, and I for one wouldn't hold anything against him.

No matter what anyone says, IMHO Falmer is everything at the moment. Without that, we just can't plan for anything, only to struggle for years. We've been able to attract good managers over the years with the hope of a bright future.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
larus said:
I agree Yorkie (Sorry Beach Hut).

Don't apologise - contrary to popular belief some of us have very different views on BHAFC.

larus

Beach Hut said:
Don't apologise - contrary to popular belief some of us have very different views on BHAFC.

As you mentioned, my only fear too is that we will get engulfed in the election build-up.

I just hope that JP realises that it could be very beneficial if he gives us a yes 4-5 weeks before polling day. Would make me vote Labour (for the first time). I'm in Telscombe and I would do anything to get the t***er Baker out.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Falmer yes, we survive.
Falmer no, we die.
I think it's that simple.

Yorkie said:

Spot on. Danny has already gone on record in the Argus about his frustration at the situation. No one can blame him for that, this will be his last contract and he has to worry about his family and how it will set him up for when his career ends.

If he gets a good offer before the Falmer decision comes, no one can blame this brilliant club servant if he goes. No one can blame the club either, we are doing the right thing by waiting until the future of the club is resolved - even if that wait could be a long, tense wait stretching into the summer months.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
One bright hope struck me today about the Olympic bid for London. It is being considered in June which is after the probable General Election date.
It woudn't auger well for the Government to turn down a stadium within 50 miles of London.

Or am I trying to be too optimistic?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
One bright hope struck me today about the Olympic bid for London. It is being considered in June which is after the probable General Election date.
It woudn't auger well for the Government to turn down a stadium within 50 miles of London.

Or am I trying to be too optimistic?

Not really we need to clutch any straw at present :lolol: :lolol:

To think, come April we will probably have to win x games to stay up and the Falmer decision will be weeks away.

What kind of state will we be in :ohmy:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Olympics would be great for East London. But a burden to everywhere else. I think we should let the French have it. It would be easier to get to Paris than London by then.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
London Irish said:
Spot on. Danny has already gone on record in the Argus about his frustration at the situation. No one can blame him for that, this will be his last contract and he has to worry about his family and how it will set him up for when his career ends.

If he gets a good offer before the Falmer decision comes, no one can blame this brilliant club servant if he goes. No one can blame the club either, we are doing the right thing by waiting until the future of the club is resolved - even if that wait could be a long, tense wait stretching into the summer months.

You do speak some b.....s why should this be DC LAST CONTRACT he is only just 28 most contracts at our level are for 2 or 3 years.

He has proved this season and the last time that we were in the then Div 1 that he is not good enough for that division or at the best is just about good enough for a low position team.

So who is likely to offer one of our highest wage earners any more than he gets now?

larus

BensGrandad said:
You do speak some b.....s why should this be DC LAST CONTRACT he is only just 28 most contracts at our level are for 2 or 3 years.

He has proved this season and the last time that we were in the then Div 1 that he is not good enough for that division or at the best is just about good enough for a low position team.

So who is likely to offer one of our highest wage earners any more than he gets now?

Don't always agree with you BG, but this is spot on. Danny struggles big-time in this league. Butters is a much better defender at this level IMHO.

If Danny goes, so be it. I would rather see Hinsh there with Butters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here