Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Baker's life to become BBC drama series.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has the same flavour as the book. A celebration of life, written by someone who (recently) had to face the prospect of an early bath. Me and Mrs Tackle laughed out loud. Nine out of ten for me.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Like the boy's radio work but he claims to resist being self regarding. This seemed a bit contrived and a watered down version of other people's similar stuff before e.g. The Grimleys, Shameless etc
Oh and when he was sent to his room to be given a stern talking to by his dad for trying to cop of with a girl at his gran's house, was there anyone really that stupid not to know what was going to happen? Cliche warning sirens were already ringing out loud.

Last edited:

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I watch a few 1970s plays etc What sticks out is the vulnerability and awkwardness of the characters. The problem with modern nostalgia type stuff like this is that the characters all seem very knowing and sharp witted which we love to think we were ….. but we weren't.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I thought it was good......not sure about Peter Kay's cockney accent but it was a nice gentle comedy!

I didn't see all of it, but thought it was promising. But I agree that, much though I love peter kay normally in whatever he does, he was totally unconvincing with the accent.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Oh and when he was sent to his room to be given a stern talking to by his dad for trying to cop of with a girl at his gran's house, was there anyone really that stupid not to know what was going to happen? Cliche warning sirens were already ringing out loud.

It wasn't a script, it was based on real events?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Yep, a :thumbsup: for Miss Blondel

302947_25.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here