Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Recall for Matt Clarke incoming? Or would we make do with Dunk, Webster, Duffy, Veltman? Assuming Roberts also to go out on loan, and that this story isnt just a load of blolocks

Getting Clarke back would make a lot of sense. Give him half a season in and around the first team to see if he’s worth persisting with.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I know nothing about the operation of release clauses, so I have a question.

How do release clauses work with regard to wages? If someone is on, say, £30k a week and has a release clause of £20m in his contract; does the buying club have to match his salary (or increase it) or can they pay the release clause and pay him £20k a week.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
The quoted fee of £10m for a 29 yr old with only 18 months on his contract that we paid £4m for represents good value IMO.

Also BDB has been divisive at best and only started to show his best form
In the last 3 games. Try as he might I expect Smug Eddie might realise that GP made BDB the player he’s shown in the last month or so and would struggle to get these performance out of him.

I expect this might fall into the ‘we didn’t want to stand in his way of playing for his boy hood club’ category if it goes through. Shame to lose him maybe but he’s not irreplaceable is he?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
4c5107fc68801213fa3328ce6934d9c3.jpg

Jimmy Grimble

If it does happen, it’ll be interesting to see if he continues his current vein of form. I suspect that Potter and the system we play helps to make Burn more than the sum of his parts.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I love Big Dan Burn, but let’s be honest with a fully fit squad he doesn’t start for us. A healthy profit on a player who is out of contract next summer seems like great business. I’m also not sure just how effective he’ll be if you take him out of our current side and place him in a squad with absolute shite like Dummett & Lascelles either side of him and Voldemort sitting in front of the back 4.

Especially with Smug Eddie in charge, the main couldn’t organise a defence to save his life.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Stay or go, the one thing l will forever remember Dan Burn for, is the way he didn't let the £80m Romelu Lukaku even have a kick, during our home game with Chelsea.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If it does happen, it’ll be interesting to see if he continues his current vein of form. I suspect that Potter and the system we play helps to make Burn more than the sum of his parts.

100%. Which is why although he has been brilliant lately and it would be sad to see him go from a personal point of view as he seems an excellent bloke and true pro, I don't believe it will have a negative impact on the team's progress.

All the time Potter is in charge, the only player leaving that would really concern me is Sanchez as he's in a unique position and has a unique skill set.

If Potter was to leave on the other hand, I would have a massive break down!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Is O’Rourke the sauce of this.

Call me sceptical if it is, I seem to recall he had Ben White to dirty Leeds singed ,sealed and delivered, in 2020.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Burn going would be annoying. Who we will all blame? If he is a Newcastle fan and it is a huge pay day and he would be first choice then fair play to him.

Surely his best moment was that touch against city that got a clap from aguero?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Call me sceptical if it is, I seem to recall he had Ben White to dirty Leeds singed ,sealed and delivered, in 2020.

He has a pretty bad track record, he had a really good one when he worked for a previous employer. But he made his own company (HITC) and has been pretty bad since then.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I know nothing about the operation of release clauses, so I have a question.

How do release clauses work with regard to wages? If someone is on, say, £30k a week and has a release clause of £20m in his contract; does the buying club have to match his salary (or increase it) or can they pay the release clause and pay him £20k a week.

That would be up to the player.

A release clause doesn't mean the player has to go, and if he was unhappy with the buying club's offer, he would stay put.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Burn going would be annoying. Who we will all blame? If he is a Newcastle fan and it is a huge pay day and he would be first choice then fair play to him.

Surely his best moment was that touch against city that got a clap from aguero?

Born in Blyth

Realised by Newcastle as a nipper

I'd imagine he'd walk to Newcastle

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021

I think the sauce is probably Dunk. On current form, the only way he gets back into the team is if Burn or Webster gets sold

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You can only 'drive him there' if you have a car with a retractable roof.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here