Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dagenham match is already in doubt - CALLED OFF (Merged*8)

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Heard on Radio 2 today that there may be heavy snow tomorrow in East Anglia and the South East on Xmas Eve, they weren`t certain if it would happen but if it did surely Dagenham would be affected and would kill off any chance of the game going ahead?

Fingers crossed though.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Please be on , we need this game and a great chance for 3 points.

Also NSC is awful at the moment and alot of the decent people are not bothering until it turns to football again

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Dagenham - Boxing Day

Had it on good authority from a member of our coaching team this afternoon that the Daggers pitch is playable and given the forecast for the weekend see's no reason for it to be postponed !!.....Game on

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The weather has certainly warmed up compared to the last few days.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
We've (A21) got a 54 seater coach going from Eastbourne > Hastings > Dagenham. Spoke to coach company who said we'd lose 75% of hire cost if we have to cancel within 5 days of travel. Lose 50% if you cancel up to 5 days in advance. Christmas spirit eh.

Numpties asked why we'd booked so far in advance (3wks).

Fingers crossed here that the game stays on!

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
just been reading some of there forum with interest:

This issue was raised a few weeks ago and it appears that they could have sold their allocation three fold.
probably true as did this even go past sales to season ticket holders? given more tickets we could have easily sold 2-3k i would think

Generally well behaved but they do have a proper firm who are capable of doing damage (*this is based on past experience back in the nineties whilst following a team now in the premier league and may well not be true now*)
Lee in H Block? The BHA Ultras? :laugh:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Had it on good authority from a member of our coaching team this afternoon that the Daggers pitch is playable and given the forecast for the weekend see's no reason for it to be postponed !!.....Game on

your record of having the inside track from the club being legendary........................

Sorry but

1) there is already a thread on this subject and

2) whilst I appreciate the need of some people to give it the great I am, I prefer to listen to someone with even a modicum of weather-forecasting knowledge than either a football coach (if true) or a look-at-me merchant

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
on holiday this summer we met a couple who live opposite the ground in Dagenham and they phoned last night to say that the chances of it being on is practically NIL....the roads around the ground are thick with snow and more worryingly ICE and there is no thaw in sight :-(

Major thaw today though and 4 days till the game with positive weather reports up to and including Sunday. THE GAME WILL BE ON.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here