Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dagenham match is already in doubt - CALLED OFF (Merged*8)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree about not wanting a fixyture pile up but would hope that Charlton is off and that be the last one postponed. At least give us chance to get Messi, Rooney,Berbatov or Beckham in on loan for the season.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Probably a non news day TCB. Quite right tho there could be fires from hell which will defrost everything. Or not.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The temperature has risen in HH and the paths are all slushy so if the game was due to be played this afternoon it could go ahead however the forecast is for the coldest night in history in the UK tonight so all will freeze up. If the same thing happened again on Sunday there would probably be no problem as it is a 1,00pm kick off so the game would be finished before a big freeze and played during the thaw.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Some of the D&R supporters are hopeful the game will go ahead, but fear the 1pm kick off could be two hours too soon. If it's postponed Dagenham will have fifteen home matches to squeeze in after New Year. One fan is quoting The Argus as saying the match is already in doubt, which seems rather back to front.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I understand the Argus will shortly be predicting that orange juice is going to be orange, the Pope will be wearing a funny hat and my granny doesn't need to be shown how to suck eggs.

Jack Hackett

Jul 3, 2007
Has to be in doubt even at this early stage. Work a mile or so from the ground and a lot of snow/ice on side roads and pavements. Slight thaw taking place today but more light snow forecast and sub zero temperatures at night right through to Boxing Day, with Xmas night forecast of minus 5.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Nothing in The Dagenham Post

Dagenham Post

Although a mate in the office that lives near the ground agrees with what Jack says above.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The BBC 5 day forcast for maximum daytime temperatures in RM10 taking us up to Saturday is 1, 1, 2, 2, 1. The nights are getting colder and colder towards the weekend as well. If their pitch is frozen right now, it ain't going to be changing much by Sunday.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The BBC 5 day forcast for maximum daytime temperatures in RM10 taking us up to Saturday is 1, 1, 2, 2, 1. The nights are getting colder and colder towards the weekend as well. If their pitch is frozen right now, it ain't going to be changing much by Sunday.

But it 's the shortest day of the year today, so from tomorrow onwards it'll be lighter and warmer, so get yer speedos out. I can feel summer coming on already.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
It was before 71/72 as Freddie Goodwin was still our manager. The tie went to a third replay at Highfield Road which Walsall won. Highspot throughout all the games I saw (the first three) was the battle between our "Busby Babe" (Alex Dawson) and their young goalkeeper - a certain Phil Parkes.

Thanks Alex.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I agree about not wanting a fixyture pile up but would hope that Charlton is off and that be the last one postponed. At least give us chance to get Messi, Rooney,Berbatov or Beckham in on loan for the season.
I am not worried about Charlton, I'm looking forward to it.
Not just because it's been weeks since my last game.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Blackpool are considering calling there gme off as well, That would be three home games in a row.

They said it wouldnt really bother them as they were used to a 46 game season anyway, Sat/Tues week in week out (maybe not literally) in the Championship and no doubt have budgeted accordingly. They said its the larger clubs that would be affected by having another home game called off.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Blackpool are considering calling there gme off as well, That would be three home games in a row.

Blackpool v Spurs is now OFF according to the Beeb.

Thats two Chumps League teams (so far) who will have to squeeze in a midweek visit to Bloomfield amongst their European commitments.

Shame innit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here