Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dagenham match is already in doubt - CALLED OFF (Merged*8)

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Worth a punt now then .... if it's postponed and someone can't make the rearranged game I'll happily buy your ticket off you

let me know if/when this is the case via PM

cheer-arse :)

Braders - will do if it's a Tuesday, as they can be difficult for me. No guarantee, but will let you know.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
This is going to royally piss all over my chips if the game is off. The wife is at her mothers while I'm supposed to be at this game - so I'm either spending the afternoon cheering on the stripes, or I'm at the mother-in-laws.

Get.
That.
Game.
ON.

Agree with this. I can't cope with TWO days with all the family. Can we move it to Withdean or something and then swap the game later in the season back to their place?

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
The last time we had a really major freeze was in the 1962-3 season. That year, the season was extended until the end of May.

Would obviously cause problems with the play-off system, which was not around then.

The Goldstone used to be covered with straw and we managed to play four home games when hardly anybody else played and if my old memory is working correctly, we lost the lot!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I'm still not happy that unlimited replays were done away with.

Anyone remember the FA Cup tie with Walsall? Might have 1971/72 season. Our place, their place then it went to a neutral ground. Fulham. Can't remember if that game was settled.

Wonder what the record number of games it took to settle a single round of the FA Cup. Statto?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Are we renting that lamp system from the FA? Can't we loan it out to Dagenham?

I presume the lamp system is primarily giving off UV to grow the grass......do the lamps actully give off much heat though? I would not have though they would.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is the home game against Charlton at Shitdean on the 29th also in doubt because its an evening game and there could be sub zero temperatures ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A winter weather white feather is on it's way to Dagenham as well.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Longest run of replays was a tie in the 4th qualifying round in 1975 between Alvechurch and Oxford City, which had 5 replays.

In 1991, after the Arsenal v Leeds United fourth round tie went to a third replay, The FA decided that one replay, then extra time, then a penalty shootout would be a suitable alternative to a fixtures backlog

Anyone remember the FA Cup tie with Walsall? Might have 1971/72 season. Our place, their place then it went to a neutral ground. Fulham. Can't remember if that game was settled.

Wonder what the record number of games it took to settle a single round of the FA Cup. Statto?

It was before 71/72 as Freddie Goodwin was still our manager. The tie went to a third replay at Highfield Road which Walsall won. Highspot throughout all the games I saw (the first three) was the battle between our "Busby Babe" (Alex Dawson) and their young goalkeeper - a certain Phil Parkes.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
The last time we had a really major freeze was in the 1962-3 season. That year, the season was extended until the end of May.

Would obviously cause problems with the play-off system, which was not around then.

The Goldstone used to be covered with straw and we managed to play four home games when hardly anybody else played and if my old memory is working correctly, we lost the lot!

Would make sense to extend the seaon, top three up, plays off scrapped. Sorted!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Braders - will do if it's a Tuesday, as they can be difficult for me. No guarantee, but will let you know.

thanks :) obviously I hope it's on for you guys and gals who venture there boxing day , just if not :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In an ideal world I would like to see our home game against Charlton called off and the Dagenham game go ahead. I think that we will beat Dagenham but not so sure at the moment on Charlton.

The Charlton game must be in doubt because of it being in the evening when the day is at one of its coldest times and probably getting colder.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It's all good - we need to delay as many matches as possible until we've improved our team and squad.
We don't win for a couple of games and now we're rubbish?

We don't need a huge fixture pile up in the spring, and we don't need other teams to gain on us while we're kicking our heels (a bird in the hand and all that).

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Longest run of replays was a tie in the 4th qualifying round in 1975 between Alvechurch and Oxford City, which had 5 replays.

In 1991, after the Arsenal v Leeds United fourth round tie went to a third replay, The FA decided that one replay, then extra time, then a penalty shootout would be a suitable alternative to a fixtures backlog

I also believe it was on "police advice" as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here