Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dagenham match is already in doubt - CALLED OFF (Merged*8)

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
Blackpool v Spurs is now OFF according to the Beeb.

Thats two Chumps League teams (so far) who will have to squeeze in a midweek visit to Bloomfield amongst their European commitments.

Shame innit.

That was last weekend, Blackpool are at home to Liverpool this weekend.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The only Premier League team without undersoil heating. I read somewhere that the PL were considering making undersoil heating mandatory for promoted clubs.

Undersoil heating at all the other Premier League clubs still didn't stop almost the entire Premier League programme being wiped out last weekend though did it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That was last weekend, Blackpool are at home to Liverpool this weekend.

Ahh right.
I was also reading that the way these postponements are panning out, and with Blackpool switching what should have been a home game on the 1st day of the season to an away one, they're going to have a run of 4 home games in a row at some point, and 5 of their last 7 games at home as well.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Again its not the pitches so much now as the "surrounding areas" problem.

Take Chelsea for example. Guy at work is a STH and he said that essentially at Chelsea it bottlenecks to get to the ground (wouldnt know ages since I last went) so loads of supporters in a confined area and that it was like an ice rink made it the right decision.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Undersoil heating at all the other Premier League clubs still didn't stop almost the entire Premier League programme being wiped out last weekend though did it.

Exactly. The way the pundits, particularly the dreadful Durham on Talksport, hammered poor little Blackpool after the manu match was postponed, and a couple of weeks later most of The Premier League is wiped out. How dare Blackpool have the effrontery to get promoted against all the odds through the play-offs, and then use the ten weeks close season to try and build some stands that are at least Championship standard, rather than drop everything to put in undersoil heating, even if that meant there was nowhere for anyone to sit!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Blackpool v Spurs is now OFF according to the Beeb.

Thats two Chumps League teams (so far) who will have to squeeze in a midweek visit to Bloomfield amongst their European commitments.

Shame innit.

Considering the game was meant to be played on the 19th, that comes as no shock

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
I live 15 miles to the east of Dagenham, and there has been a thaw today,and no further snow fall. I wouldnt start considering it to be off just yet

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I will ask son to ring his mate who is in OB at Dagenham and see what their angle is. If the game is in doubt they will have some input into it, I would think.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I think the Argus havent got anything else to say, if it was in doubt surely it would be on their website & probably ours.

I'm no expert gardener but I think you'll find that a covering of snow actually keeps the ground warm rather than cold - go out in your garden and you might be suprised to find that its not frozen solid under the snow despite the sub zero weather for last few days.

:amex:

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
Again its not the pitches so much now as the "surrounding areas" problem.

Take Chelsea for example. Guy at work is a STH and he said that essentially at Chelsea it bottlenecks to get to the ground (wouldnt know ages since I last went) so loads of supporters in a confined area and that it was like an ice rink made it the right decision.

It does take some believing that the surrounding areas have been any worse than those around Adams Park for our League match at Wycombe Wanderers last season. Having walked to the ground from the railway station and then back again I do wonder if that should have been played, mind you the three points were very valuable at the time.

EastLondonMe

Nov 30, 2010
I am a mile from the Daggers ground and we have a lovely shower of rain which is getting rid of most of the snow now. hope this continues cos I need to see a football match!!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

That wasn't my point. My point was about the PL considering making it mandatory for PL clubs to have undersoil heating. The issues of calling off games for safety reasons (travelling to and from stadiums etc.) are a separate matter.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Exactly. The way the pundits, particularly the dreadful Durham on Talksport, hammered poor little Blackpool after the manu match was postponed, and a couple of weeks later most of The Premier League is wiped out. How dare Blackpool have the effrontery to get promoted against all the odds through the play-offs, and then use the ten weeks close season to try and build some stands that are at least Championship standard, rather than drop everything to put in undersoil heating, even if that meant there was nowhere for anyone to sit!
If you don't want ill-informed, moronic reactionary opinions then don't listen to talksport. :lol:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Hypothetically, if there was a massive extended cold snap until early May, with matches continually called off, what would happen? Would the season be extended into the summer or would they cut it short?

It was extended in 1962/63. Just as well we didn't have a fixtures break in January, isn't it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here