Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daft Punk - Get Lucky

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Those who think it's a bit "meh" are missing the point for me. It's brilliant BECAUSE it's so simple and straightforward, allowing you to enjoy the quality of the production.

So many bands who return from a few years out feel like they have to do something totally different, make some big statement. Not Daft Punk. It's pure disco gold.

They've also found that perfect spot inbetween DP's sound and Pharrell's - a lovely clean, crisp, smooth funk.

Don't get me wrong, it is an excellent piece of production work. I just think there's been much better disco/house made in the last few years than this.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Don't get me wrong, it is an excellent piece of production work. I just think there's been much better disco/house made in the last few years than this.

Perhaps. All I know is I'm on a one way train to GROOVE CENTRAL (no stops) with this little number.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Has it been sampled from something?

I dont think so, I understand Nile Rogers actually plays on it and his sound is very distinctive so it does sound 'familiar.'

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I dont think so, I understand Nile Rogers actually plays on it and his sound is very distinctive so it does sound 'familiar.'

Nile-Ranger.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Decent enough track , overblown by the masses because to like daft punk is currently very vogue especially by the new lot

I am sure a lot of new people have been turned onto Daft Punk because of the current US driven electonic music explosion but they are liked because they are damn good; I dont think it is because it is fashionable.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Not by two robots in leather jump suits though :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Those who think it's a bit "meh" are missing the point for me. It's brilliant BECAUSE it's so simple and straightforward, allowing you to enjoy the quality of the production.

So many bands who return from a few years out feel like they have to do something totally different, make some big statement. Not Daft Punk. It's pure disco gold.

They've also found that perfect spot inbetween DP's sound and Pharrell's - a lovely clean, crisp, smooth funk.

:thumbsup:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Has it been sampled from something?

I think they've done this weird new thing of writing a really, really good new song. I can't see it catching on.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think they've done this weird new thing of writing a really, really good new song. I can't see it catching on.

Novel.

At last I have a song I LIKE stuck in my head all day.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Heard it a couple of times at clubs over last weekend up in Glasgow and can only agree that the tune is pure audio crack! Serious dancefloor devastation.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah I don't want to slag it off, beacuse that would be stupid. It's really good. I just don't love it as much as everyone else seems to.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Of on a tangent but I am also loving Atoms For Peace. AMOK is a truly incredible long player.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It's quite an incredible record me thinks. Of all places it's selling really well in the US which makes sense in some respect but in others I find it odd; experimental electronics at number 2?

Got any music tips for me?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's quite an incredible record me thinks. Of all places it's selling really well in the US.

Got any music tips for me?

Washed Out - Within and Without is a really nice, warm, ambient record. Great for jogging/studying/working.

Junior Boys - So This Is Goodbye - really warm melancholic electro, some gorgeous 80s synths in there.

This beautiful one off song by a Spanish chap.

This is a GREAT driving song.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here