Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daft Punk - Get Lucky

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah they are a chain of clubs, think there is about 100 or so in the country, they have ties with Flares

In that case, given it's a disco track, it's highly likely it will be heard in Reflex.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Reminds me very much of the vibe on Stardust- Music sounds better with you (which of course was pretty much by Daft Punk anyway). Definite number one.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Great song. Always reminds me of George Michael though which I'm sure is not their intention.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Well, it's alright. Nothing to shit yourself over though, imo.

That said, I am looking forward to listening to the album with the sun beating down in my back garden whilst drinking multiple gins.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Decent enough track , overblown by the masses because to like daft punk is currently very vogue especially by the new lot

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Those who think it's a bit "meh" are missing the point for me. It's brilliant BECAUSE it's so simple and straightforward, allowing you to enjoy the quality of the production.

So many bands who return from a few years out feel like they have to do something totally different, make some big statement. Not Daft Punk. It's pure disco gold.

They've also found that perfect spot inbetween DP's sound and Pharrell's - a lovely clean, crisp, smooth funk.

Last edited:

OurPrice

Nov 22, 2012
Those who think it's a bit "meh" are missing the point for me. It's brilliant BECAUSE it's so simple and straightforward, allowing you to enjoy the quality of the production.

So many bands who return from a few years out feel like they have to do something totally different, make some big statement. Not Daft Punk. It's pure disco gold.

They've also found that perfect spot inbetween DP's sound and Pharrell's - a lovely clean, crisp, smooth funk.

Absolutely this. The BEST music is normally the most simple. The new DP track makes me want to start DJing all over again (although modern technology now means I would not have a clue what I was doing - the kinds nowadays do it ALL off a laptop!! [<<< whole new debate right there...!!!])

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here