Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dad to be help! To renew or not to renew.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Cheers guys, going to renew and think pay it off in one go! If I cant go then see if a friend can take it. Means we get one more little Albion fan and Daddy gets to see the games.

Thanks for all the advice and good wishes. I am sure the next few months are going to be a mixture of emotions.

One other thing I would say. Don't see the time off you give your wife as a chore. Enjoy spending 121 time with the little one. They are soon grown up and gone.

I was very fortunate to have the option to work 4 days per week from the time my second son was 2, and it meant I normally had 1 day per week as sole carer when we did all sorts of stuff. It's not something you can ever get back.

PG

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Loads of varied responses and good to see many newborns this year, congrats to all!

My match day is normally park and ride before the game, pint at half time and leave at the end to drive back to Crawley so wont be too long at a game and not much expenditure. Away games will be cut right down, if any next year.

work wise, I am currently 9-5, we have flexi-time here so will see if I can do 4 days and have the extra day to give the wife a rest, I am sure she will appreciate that.

I guess going to games will depend on the situation at the time, if she has had a bad night or day then I can step in and not go to the game. I think keeping the season ticket but being considerate to the situation the day of a match will be the best way forward. Can always get rid of it on the day to friends/colleagues. As I said before she told me to keep it.

On another note, my wife is currently wanting to buy everything brand new and right now if it is to do with a baby. What things did you buy that you thought you needed, but didn't, for your baby? No point starting a new thread.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Loads of varied responses and good to see many newborns this year, congrats to all!

My match day is normally park and ride before the game, pint at half time and leave at the end to drive back to Crawley so wont be too long at a game and not much expenditure. Away games will be cut right down, if any next year.

work wise, I am currently 9-5, we have flexi-time here so will see if I can do 4 days and have the extra day to give the wife a rest, I am sure she will appreciate that.

I guess going to games will depend on the situation at the time, if she has had a bad night or day then I can step in and not go to the game. I think keeping the season ticket but being considerate to the situation the day of a match will be the best way forward. Can always get rid of it on the day to friends/colleagues. As I said before she told me to keep it.

On another note, my wife is currently wanting to buy everything brand new and right now if it is to do with a baby. What things did you buy that you thought you needed, but didn't, for your baby? No point starting a new thread.

It's a thread that is making me really reminisce about the ever growing list of stuff you might need before your first!:mad:

I think we were given a cot and moses basket for our first (we bought new mattresses). Can't think of anything we bought that we didn't need, probably a bath thermometer (which just makes you worry more when an elbow has been sufficient for hundreds of years!), although we never had a changing table which might have been handy. A lot of our baby stuff has done the rounds, and it's actually nice to see clothes my daughter had now being worn by my niece, and some has done a right merry-go-round friends etc. Nothing wrong with a bit of beg borrow and steal - some of the stuff is only used for 3 months, things like cots can still be immaculate after a couple of babies in them and only need a new mattress.

Nice to have everything new though I guess, but there seems to be so much out there now in terms of accessories. I'd say stick to basics to start with. For example you can pay £70 for an electric steriliser, whereas one that just pops in the microwave for £17 does the job just as well, if not better - STERILISER.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I think we were given a cot and moses basket for our first (we bought new mattresses).

......things like cots can still be immaculate after a couple of babies in them and only need a new mattress.

Nice to have everything new though I guess, but there seems to be so much out there now in terms of accessories. I'd say stick to basics to start with. For example you can pay £70 for an electric steriliser, whereas one that just pops in the microwave for £17 does the job just as well, if not better -

Same goes for our moses basket.

Our cot was given to us by an auntie, its the nicest cot I've seen and its 25 years old but still in perfect condition.

We also went with one of the microwave steriliser jobbies, haven't tried it yet but looks good to me.

Only thing left to get is a breast pump but waiting until after the birth for that.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Blimey it is a mini Amex Baby Boom .... Hope they are all signed up for the junior seagulls asap and numerous BHA baby grows and replica Bib's and kits are purchased to assist with FFP:lolol:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Don't buy many (any?) 0-3 month babygrows. Two reasons: you can put a new born in a 3-6 month one ok (sure, it'll look like a Michelin man, but hey), and you'll be given loads anyway.

Oh, and buy the expensive stuff in non gender specific colours (e.g. Yellow), since you won't get any pressure from your better half to buy a pink/blue one for the next baby, which will inevitably be the opposite sex.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I am expecting my first in September too! Keeping my ST if I cant make it then I will have to give a ticket away now and then.

Very exciting times!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Found out last week my baby is going to be a boy! I'm just over the moon! I cannot wait to get him into jumpers for goal posts, sticker albums to swap on the school yard and most of the my beloved ALBION.

:flameboun

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Baby Jackson was born Tuesday at 3.38 pm a healthy 7 pound 1, mum and baby doing great!

Should be coming today, possibility of me making Saturday! Ha ha!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Found out last week my baby is going to be a boy! I'm just over the moon! I cannot wait to get him into jumpers for goal posts, sticker albums to swap on the school yard and most of the my beloved ALBION.

:flameboun

You've got me worried now. Are girls not permitted to play or watch football then?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
You've got me worried now. Are girls not permitted to play or watch football then?

Don't be so militant. Of course, my cousin plays for Brighton Girls.

But it's fair to say the odds are higher a little boy will have a football interest.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Kid should always fit in with football . Your duty . Don't go and that's how people lose touch. Few hours every couple weeks . No question

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
My missus is expecting our first child on Sunday :eek:

I'm bloody terrified, but also excited.

I've also managed to blag my way so I can attend on Saturday but I've had to make some concessions :cry:

I've had to book a car parking space in the Bridge car park so if I get the call I can make a quick exit (so if you see a quite big bald bloke in his mid 30's pegging it down the steps from WSU I'm not leaving early to get away easier!!!!) :lol:

I don't drink so I can drive her, which is obvious due to driving, last thing she will want is to drive herself to hospital with a pissed up panicking partner.

It's just a waiting game now, she's fed up, I'm getting it in the neck because of her mood swings. But I've managed to take it all in my stride so far!

As it's our first she will probably be late but gotta be safe than sorry!

Any one got any tips on getting through a game sober? I've never been to a game without at least 5 pints down my neck before kick off!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'm really looking forward to bringing a future Albion fan into the world, but not looking forward to the sleepless nights!

Doesn't the Albion give you sleepless nights anyway?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Update - my daughter arrived 3 weeks ago and my ST arrived today.

Don't worry about the labour, the sleepless nights or anything. It's incredible.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Update - my daughter arrived 3 weeks ago and my ST arrived today.

Don't worry about the labour, the sleepless nights or anything. It's incredible.

It is, isn't it? Mine works out at around twenty three pounds per game, which is significantly less than the £34 matchday ticket price. Amazing.

:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here