Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So if this is right then Quintana has a 2 minute lead on the Uran group. Two minutes taken on a supposed neutralised descent of the Stelvio :eek:

And double :eek:, Rolland is with Qunitana and Hesjedal too. How the bloody hell did that happen!?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I got back from my spin to see the last km of the Stelvio.

That's didn't look much like professional sport to me.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
First we get a moderator now we get a girly moderator.

I'm calling an EGM, something going on here, I think they are onto us.

What is this, Moan At The Mods Week? :)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'll tell you what - Pierre Rolland for rider of this Giro so far?

Fair play to him, been very aggressive all race and deserves a high GC placing or a stage win at the very least.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What is this, Moan At The Mods Week? :)
Ohhh someone's a little sensitive, keep your airedale on.

It's all a bit suspicious to me.
First Hans 'pops' in to say hello, and now our second mod in less than a week.
Not only that but our first girlie as well.

This is a local thread for local people, there's nothing to see here.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ohhh someone's a little sensitive, keep your airedale on.

It's all a bit suspicious to me.
First Hans 'pops' in to say hello, and now our second mod in less than a week.
Not only that but our first girlie as well.

This is a local thread for local people, there's nothing to see here.

It's basically a Mod conspiracy, to ensure control of every thread on the board. Bozza has actually made me go and buy a bike just so I can legitimately contribute to this one :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
[MENTION=4317]algie[/MENTION] over year's worth of symptoms sounds like damage not bruising, but I hope it is due to unsuitable seating which might resolve.
[MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] you'll get plenty of choice for that price. Whatever you, do (@edna krabappel too) get a proper fitting and be influenced by what feels comfortable.

I have tried out the one I want & it seems good. I've just got to get them to fit a female-specific saddle to it (not getting a women's specific bike as I found the standard one more comfortable).

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I have tried out the one I want & it seems good. I've just got to get them to fit a female-specific saddle to it (not getting a women's specific bike as I found the standard one more comfortable).

6K and they will start talking to you, once they have dissected todays Giro stage.

I am the reverse and have small hands so I use a women's bars and gearing brake system, whatever works, but sounds like you is getting a fun bike, triathlons beckon...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
6K and they will start talking to you, once they have dissected todays Giro stage.

I am the reverse and have small hands so I use a women's bars and gearing brake system, whatever works, but sounds like you is getting a fun bike, triathlons beckon...

That's what I quite like the idea of, never done one before as I've only ever had mountain bikes (and I hated running). But once I've got a road bike, it's more of an option. The running in a sprint triathlon isn't that far, & I've run a couple of marathons so I know I can do it if I train. Always been a good swimmer anyway, so I am keen to give it a go.

More likely in the immediate future is a sportive or two, just to get me out & about & in good company. I can't tell you how keen I am to get on the bike & head out. It's driving me nuts how long it's taking HR to sort out my voucher. We had two options via work: one through independent retailers & one through Halfords. Needless to say, I avoided Halfords. I actually wanted to buy the Giant through a local shop in Haywards Heath but it turned out they weren't in the scheme. Shame, as the owner was incredibly helpful. Hence I went to Giant in Shoreham instead. But they've also been really knowledgeable and have given me all sorts of advice, so I'm just hoping to finally get it sorted out in the next week or so.

I know I won't qualify as a GEEK just yet, but I'm hoping that, once I've knocked off a few hundred miles, you might consider accepting me into your gang :)

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
That's what I quite like the idea of, never done one before as I've only ever had mountain bikes (and I hated running). But once I've got a road bike, it's more of an option. The running in a sprint triathlon isn't that far, & I've run a couple of marathons so I know I can do it if I train. Always been a good swimmer anyway, so I am keen to give it a go.

I'm doing my first sprint triathlon in July - I also would never have considered this before getting a road bike. The most difficult bit is getting up at 6am to go for a swim when the pool is quiet! Oh and running, I don't like running!

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

More likely in the immediate future is a sportive or two, just to get me out & about & in good company. I can't tell you how keen I am to get on the bike & head out. It's driving me nuts how long it's taking HR to sort out my voucher. We had two options via work: one through independent retailers & one through Halfords. Needless to say, I avoided Halfords. I actually wanted to buy the Giant through a local shop in Haywards Heath but it turned out they weren't in the scheme. Shame, as the owner was incredibly helpful. Hence I went to Giant in Shoreham instead. But they've also been really knowledgeable and have given me all sorts of advice, so I'm just hoping to finally get it sorted out in the next week or so.

I know I won't qualify as a GEEK just yet, but I'm hoping that, once I've knocked off a few hundred miles, you might consider accepting me into your gang :)

You need to be watching Quintana at present only 1 K to go

http://www.raisport.rai.it/dl/raisport/direttaGiro.html

PS I havent riden my bike for over 5 years so I don't count on riding front, very unfit

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes currently waiting for Uran to finish the climb to see if he will leading the Giro, Uran has about a minute to get up a seriously nasty climb

Just been watching via your link. I'm quite into watching cycling lately. Saw highlights of some British tour series race on TV last night: they were hammering it around the cobbles of Aberystwyth in the pissing rain. Hair raising.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey you can stick that final climb up yer bottom.
That looked proper nasty.

Fairly obviously Quintana has been looking at this stage, it was virtually made for him.
Great ride from NSC's finest.
Wilco is really impressing me.

Gonna have to give kudos to Evans that was a really gutsy ride.
But I bet he blows my goodwill the moment a microphone is put in front of him.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
That was incredible. What a road, what a performance from Quintana, and Ryder too. Less than a minute separating Cadel in 3rd from Ryder in 9th now, but no catching Quintana after this.

I LOVE the fact that this third week of the Giro coincides with Half Term, so I can watch it live, for once.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here