Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Typical bloody giro finish. God knows what to do about tomorrow's stage.

Well done on Nizzolo though. He's a good rider so nice to see him come back to some form as he'd dropped off a bit.

I'm still not happy about today so going to take a step back first before looking towards tomorrows transfers. I need to take a chill pill I think after watching them highlights tonight.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Well done on Nizzolo though. He's a good rider so nice to see him come back to some form as he'd dropped off a bit.

I'm still not happy about today so going to take a step back first before looking towards tomorrows transfers. I need to take a chill pill I think after watching them highlights tonight.

It was caruso I had. Nizzolo was in my prologue team, but no longer unfortunately.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I have had Nizzolo since early in the race. About time he paid back my faith in him. :lolol:

Very quick changes made for today. Don't expect to set the world alight today, but hoping week three will be immense for me.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I see Uran is second in the young riders jersey, looks like a rolling day today, poor old Cav nothing he could do again about the spanners around him with no bike handling skills.

Attachments

• Stage 10.jpg
    Stage 10.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 74

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Looked a tough old great looking narrow step technical dig for a finish, love the Giro for that, would love to have been there

Ryder rode a great solo end to try and stay in PINK think Roddy may have it with the win

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I shall be watching the highlights tonight.

I'm really enjoying this grand tour. First time I've followed The Giro in any depth. The organizers are bastards for their tight corners in the run up to a sprint though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cav tweeted he was really looking forward to the finish, as the City looked the prettiest in Italy.
It didn't seem like he was wrong.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My predicted mare today seems about right. Of the top fifteen I think I only have ninth. :nono:
Of the to 8 (where are you getting the whole classification from) I have 1st 3rd and 6th.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What a beautiful finish that was today in every sense.

1,4,6 & 10 for me. Dropping down that main Giro league rapid now, especially after yesterday's Pozzato affair, so currently in 22nd place. One nice thing today though, my total Giro score hit exactly 1066 points :)

Just discovered after watching the highlights that Pozzato had to withdraw this morning with a fractured wrist, so that's one transfer sorted. Wish he'd done the decent thing for my team and withdrawn last night - it would have saved me a transfer later down the line :glare: :jester: Fair play to him though for holding his hands up to take the blame for yesterday - perhaps that wanker Farrari can look and learn something.

Race is shaping up a treat now - absolutely loving it !

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
What a beautiful finish that was today in every sense.

1,4,6 & 10 for me. Dropping down that main Giro league rapid now, especially after yesterday's Pozzato affair, so currently in 22nd place. One nice thing today though, my total Giro score hit exactly 1066 points :)

Just discovered after watching the highlights that Pozzato had to withdraw this morning with a fractured wrist, so that's one transfer sorted. Wish he'd done the decent thing for my team and withdrawn last night - it would have saved me a transfer later down the line :glare: :jester: Fair play to him though for holding his hands up to take the blame for yesterday - perhaps that wanker Farrari can look and learn something.

Race is shaping up a treat now - absolutely loving it !

I've dropped down a bit today. Have to have a good think about transfers now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've been so blinkered by possible stage winners and GC points, I completely forgot about [MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION]'s rule #1.

Hoover up ALL the jersey points.

So that's what I'm after tomorrow, although I am expecting a bit of a reaction from Frank Schleck, not that he's in my team.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I've been so blinkered by possible stage winners and GC points, I completely forgot about [MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION]'s rule #1.

Hoover up ALL the jersey points.

So that's what I'm after tomorrow, although I am expecting a bit of a reaction from Frank Schleck, not that he's in my team.

It's true, caruso has been my saviour over the last few days.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Trying to do my transfers and Pozzato has royally screwed me up here, even now. The simple transfers I had in mind for tomorrow are impossible now, and I don't just mean the obvious Cav & Goss switch over. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Trying to do my transfers and Pozzato has royally screwed me up here, even now. The simple transfers I had in mind for tomorrow are impossible now, and I don't just mean the obvious Cav & Goss switch over. Oh well, back to the drawing board.
For tomorrow I'm think more spring classic than outright sprint.
Hence a day for Frank, not that I could fit him in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here