Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Husband and wife are Christmas shopping when they get separated and the wife realises she doesn't know where her husband is. She calls him on her iPhone:
"where are you?"
"remember that jewellers we went into 10 years ago and you fell in love with that diamond neckless and there was no way I can afford it at the time and one day I might get it for you?"
Tears started to flow down the wife's cheeks as she got choked up at the thought and romance...
"yes, I do remember that shop"
"yeah, well I'm in the bike shop next to that."

made me chuckle.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I made the mistake of trusting a driver on a roundabout on Sunday morning. It was not dark, but not light enough to make eye contact. Not really hurt but a painful hip and bruised inner ankles.

Don't trust anyone.

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
Quite new to this. Have a Voodoo MTB (£500, forgot model) which I use for trails like the SDW and country lane rides. After my last puncture I'm thinking of moving to tubeless. Good bike shop local to Hove? Also rough cost?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Quite new to this. Have a Voodoo MTB (£500, forgot model) which I use for trails like the SDW and country lane rides. After my last puncture I'm thinking of moving to tubeless. Good bike shop local to Hove? Also rough cost?

The Giant Store at Shoreham isn't too far away from you...they've always been really helpful when I've been there, & know their stuff. As for tubeless...no idea as Im still old school & run tubes. My mate has swapped though and swears by it.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Anyone else totally lost their mojo for riding recently? I've had the best year ever for mileage / number of rides etc. - but as soon as that darker, damper weather closed in for Autumn / Winter I have really been struggling to find any motivation to get out.
Doesn't help that during the week that I get to work at 7am in total darkness (and get home in the same) so I drive most of the time now - but even at the weekends I just cant be bothered... :(

Hate feeling like this.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Anyone else totally lost their mojo for riding recently? I've had the best year ever for mileage / number of rides etc. - but as soon as that darker, damper weather closed in for Autumn / Winter I have really been struggling to find any motivation to get out.
Doesn't help that during the week that I get to work at 7am in total darkness (and get home in the same) so I drive most of the time now - but even at the weekends I just cant be bothered... :(

Hate feeling like this.

Yes. I have cycled to work once since October, and have not been on my bike at the weekend at all.

This weather leaves me with no motivation. I just can't be bothered.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I’ve set up My gravel bike up with 28mm road tyres. Never thought I’d ride a bike on the roads with disc brakes. :eek: but the roads are so bad can’t even ride my winter bike on them ATM.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Hooray - my new new trye levers are here.

Boo 1 - need a front mech service.

Boo 2 - more ballbag woes.

Boo 3 - can't find my favourite tyres anywhere. I'm twitchy about the nearly new rear - I could hear it deflating such is the extent of the damage.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Hooray - my new new trye levers are here.

Boo 1 - need a front mech service.

Boo 2 - more ballbag woes.

Boo 3 - can't find my favourite tyres anywhere. I'm twitchy about the nearly new rear - I could hear it deflating such is the extent of the damage.

I know they’re not everyone’s choice but not had a problem with my conti gator skins. If you can fit 28,s on even better for the shocking roads.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I know they’re not everyone’s choice but not had a problem with my conti gator skins. If you can fit 28,s on even better for the shocking roads.

They malformed insanely with roller use. That said, despite looking really ragged and octagonal, the front refused to die.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ok chaps an old itch has popped up.

Over the break I applied for a new job.

I believe they'll roll out the red carpet for me (they won't)
I'll ace the interview (I won't)
The job is mine (it's not)

With my not new job just 6 weeks away (1 week for the closing date, 1 week for the interview date, 4 weeks notice) naturally my thoughts have now turned to the (5 mile) commute.

Sure I could use one of my 3 other bikes, but it would be the ideal opportunity to buy my love/hate bike:-

fc124586-vanmoof-s3-la-reference-design-et-connectee-des-velos-electriques-urbains-se-perfectio.jpeg

I have absolute no idea why I can't shake the Van Moof S3 from my bike brain.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Ok chaps an old itch has popped up.

Over the break I applied for a new job.

I believe they'll roll out the red carpet for me (they won't)
I'll ace the interview (I won't)
The job is mine (it's not)

With my not new job just 6 weeks away (1 week for the closing date, 1 week for the interview date, 4 weeks notice) naturally my thoughts have now turned to the (5 mile) commute.

Sure I could use one of my 3 other bikes, but it would be the ideal opportunity to buy my love/hate bike:-

View attachment 132021

I have absolute no idea why I can't shake the Van Moof S3 from my bike brain.

Good luck Stat, hope all goes well!

What are you applying for?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good luck Stat, hope all goes well!

What are you applying for?

It's a dream geek job that befits the Van Moof, another reason to not get it.

Warehouse manager for a bespoke coffee company.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Great stuff. You can become my dealer!

Fingers crossed.
Thanks, it would be a nice move.

Just a little too good to be true hence getting ahead of myself.
A bit like spending your lottery winnings before checking the results.

Schrödinger's Job Application. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here