Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A little reminder:-

The Giro combatants kick off just after 3pm

I've not actually been watching but it seems rude to miss today.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Only been following very lightly but will definitely tune in this PM

Geoghegan Hart is the bookies favourite, but that didn't help Roglič at le Tour...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's basically a club 10 mile TT.

If TGH can't do that in his sleep where did he learn to ride!?!! :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It feels like supporting England in a semi final. :lol:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Really been some week, what an ending.

Attachments

• ElL0EWCXYAI4Q1J.jpeg
    ElL0EWCXYAI4Q1J.jpeg
    567.4 KB · Views: 87

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Brighton's place in the history books:-

[tweet]1320390300242743297[/tweet]

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Brighton's place in the history books:-

[tweet]1320390300242743297[/tweet]

Ha. I remember that. I also remember him at the end of a spring classic (?) 'recently' with a face like thunder despite an excellent result. He was either proper knackerred or pissed off.

If he was a footballer, he'd be one of the seven. He's a good 'un.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Oh FFS.

I purchased some new 'guards today being fed up with the low tech fixing on my current race blades.

Everything fine, but abandoned as I couldn't get the fukken brake units off to add the connectors on. Any tips? I honestly thought there would be nuts and bolts at each end. I'm a fukken granddad now. I expect I'll end up paying someone.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
1. I'm not a granddad in the family sense - I meant in the new fangled technology way.

2. I think I gashed a nearly new tyre back on my solstice ride when I hit a pot hole. I thought I had been keeping an eye on it. Yesterday when cleaning (or pre cleaning as I now accept it) the bike I spotted a fluffy hole and a red layer mid gash. As these Michelin Pro4 Endurance V2 Road tyres need running in due to a seal or resin or something, I'll pump it up (found it a bit deflated this afternoon) and try and blow it on the rollers tomorrow.

3. I was going to get some Vittoria Rubino Pro G+ Isotech Folding Road Tyres when my spares went on, but there are not being made any more.

4. Fair play to gatorskins, the front (that has caused me to carry a spare for over six months) is still going strong. It is well cracked, full of deformations with the odd build up of displaced rubber on the 'edges' but it won't die. I'm retiring it.

5. I am going to get a pair of Vittoria Randonneur Tech G2.0 Road Tyres as my next set of spares. They look designed for 'fatter' bikes or maybe for punters less able to do repairs but as the smallest is a 28, I'll give them a go.

6. I sussed out how to remove the brake units. Firstly, move all the muck. Then have different sized Allan keys. For me 3/16 rear and 5 front. The front felt welded in.

I now have much better guards. Obviously some bodging was required. At the rear, I used cable ties to attach to luggage rack eyelets as the expected siting was too deep. The bonus there is that a wheel change does not mean partial removal of the guards - they sit a wee bit high but I can live with that. I plan further bodging: I aim to recycle an old guard to fashion a bridge to protect under the exposed brake units.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here