Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I definitely side with the group here:-

That's an awful lot of unnecessary bike.

For someone not racing.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think you are probably right on spec, thanks all for the advice the Trek looks good so will research further.

Looks like no stock so you have to order, any idea how long lead times are ?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Specialized have some cracking bikes at the moment. If I had a couple of grand to spend right now, I would be looking at the Rockhopper Sport and the Allez Sprint Comp Disc to cover all my cycling needs.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Think you are probably right on spec, thanks all for the advice the Trek looks good so will research further.

Looks like no stock so you have to order, any idea how long lead times are ?

No idea tbh.

One other option to look at would be Decathlon? Their bikes are amazing VFM, and the Rockrider MTBs are really well built & specced. My dad has one with full Deore, rockshox front and rear...and was half the price of my Stance. Decathlon have also started doing finance over here now as well which is handy.
Their XC100 for £850 is 100% pure French sexiness....:love:

51098880_908325392706113_1620426706206588928_o.jpg

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When world's collide.

I've only ever ridden one bike from the Evil Empire (Trek)
I've only ever ridden one bike with belt drive.

They were one of the same about 15 years ago.

It was sooooooooo so smooth.

https://road.cc/content/review/cube-editor-2020-277923

Admittedly I initially thought, at that price point, there might be some motor jiggery pokery, but reading the review there's a lot of work gone into it.

I'd love belt drive to take off just as I'll be looking to buy a future proof 'last bike'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know you're a fan [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION]

[tweet]1316381968943194112[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hang in there with me, on this, my friends.

Jnr is a fancy-dan, Groß Turn, clean shorts, centre-back.
He's also his side's quiet and subdued captain.
Which is ok as his team have finally clicked and actually look as good as they've occasionally promised for 5 long, long, years :lol:

Here's the thing.

His mother has got him a place at the assessment on AITC's 2 year 'diploma in Sport' course.

So in a couple of weeks time my show pony son could potentially have his participation in the course of his dreams assessed by:-

Danny Cullip
&
Guy Butters.

They're gonna just chew him up and spit him out, aren't they? :lolol: :lolol:

Should I just tell him now that perhaps he didn't really like football, anyway? :lol:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Brother-in-Law knocked off his bike yesterday.(Hit and run) punctured lung, shattered collar bone and broken arm. He managed to get some of the drivers number plate and make if car. Currently having surgery. Please stay safe.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Tough start to the Vuelta yesterday. Roglic showing he is still in great form, while the owners of ISN must be wondering why they've signed Froome!? Almost 12 minutes down after losing contact in the last 10-15km....on stage 1.
Not as bad as Woods though....almost 19 mins down after an argument with some road furniture! :angry: (yep, hes in my fantasy team...)

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Tough start to the Vuelta yesterday. Roglic showing he is still in great form, while the owners of ISN must be wondering why they've signed Froome!? Almost 12 minutes down after losing contact in the last 10-15km....on stage 1.
Not as bad as Woods though....almost 19 mins down after an argument with some road furniture! :angry: (yep, hes in my fantasy team...)

ISN took a huge gamble with Froome. I do wonder whether he will make them a more attractive proposition for sponsors... although, by all accounts, money isn't really an issue for ISN.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Half term this week. I was going to cycle every day...but having become very 'fair weather' in the last couple of years, that idea has been scuppered. It's going to piss down all ****ing week.

Normally I'd be in France. 2021 had better be an improvement on this cluster**** of a year.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Half term this week. I was going to cycle every day...but having become very 'fair weather' in the last couple of years, that idea has been scuppered. It's going to piss down all ****ing week.

Normally I'd be in France. 2021 had better be an improvement on this cluster**** of a year.

I still have hopes for getting the kids to do their last ride of the year to Brighton on Saturday.
But as that's laced with a Shakeaway, 5 Guys burger and pick 'n' mix it's hard to imagine the ride as a net positive.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

I have the week off as well but would have nothing as lovely as a week in France on the cards.

I might get rides out in on Tuesday and Wednesday, but the forecast can change. I can see a week of rolls. Not much fun in the dark I can tell you. Mind you, I'm a lot more stronger on asphalt for it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Litelock cycle locks, anyone got one and if so what are they like ?

Thinking of getting the larger D lock

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here