Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Not surprised at all that Froome didn't make it tbh...hes nowhere near any sort of form to take on a Grand Tour just yet.

Leaving out G raised an eyebrow though - so I guess hes all in for the Giro later in the year?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not surprised at all that Froome didn't make it tbh...hes nowhere near any sort of form to take on a Grand Tour just yet.

Leaving out G raised an eyebrow though - so I guess hes all in for the Giro later in the year?

Yeah, looks like G is definitely slated for the Giro.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Come on then, who else is reverting back to childhood over the next few weeks....?

Got, got, got, need, need, SWAPSIES!!

20200821_072354_resized.jpg

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
This morning's ride. Medium long was the decision.

I woke up not feeling great. 'I'll be okay'.

10, Hollingbourne Hill was on the list. I thought I was cruising it but I forgot the hard work is the final third. Oops, poor pacing. 'I'll be okay'. PBed by 39 seconds - I'll never know whether better pacing would have made a difference either way.

Next hill PBed despite some recovering going on. I was heading to darker skies.

A few miles later it was my turn to change a tube but on a wet mucky lane. Spent some water cleaning filthy hands. 'I'll be okay'.

Off manor for a while enjoyed it. Obviously. Water rationing activated.

Water supply far too low with too many miles to go into a strong wind in my face. 'I'll be okay'. Chased an ice cream van into an estate but he no drinks or lollies. Too fatigued to call him a tit but there's a garage in the next village. Dr Pepper, a Mars bar and a bottle top up lovely. 'I'll be okay'.

Got home. 'I'm fukked.'

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I don't know what's wrong with me (well I do I know precisely what's wrong) I'm in a 'good place' at the moment but am completely lost.
To the point now that I'm making myself worse because I know I should be okay.

I went for coffee with Phil a couple of weeks ago and really, really struggled to leave the house.
Obviously all good while out by I could happily have cancelled.

I function with the kids, just, but even that's tough.

I'm just absolutely done in, only this time I don't really have something to pin it on.

All very pathetic - c'est la vie.

Discussion over

(Sorry my friends I'm just hoping if I write it down I can own it)

Stat, that sounds so familiar to the way I was for a stretch back in 2012. The last thing it is is pathetic. Mental well-being is a struggle for so many, and the cluster**** that is going on in our country and worldwide has meant that many, many people have had real problems with their mental health.

You say 'discussion over', but it should not be. A stiff upper lip is no way to be dealing with issues such as this. You need to open up and talk if you are going to own it, and there are many on here who would be only too happy to chat - me included.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Feeling a bit battered and bruised this morning.

Coming to the end of a very enjoyable 25 mile ride yesterday, cycling back into Brighton along Lewes Road. All traffic was stationary as Elm Grove lights were red and I was maybe 100 yards from the lights, in the cycle lane, when some donut decided he would open the rear passenger door, no more than 3 foot in front of me.

Didn’t stand a chance. Wallop. Fortunately I wasn’t going that fast as slowing down for the lights, but fast enough for me to crash into the car door and end up on my back on the pavement with bike on top of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Feeling a bit battered and bruised this morning.

Coming to the end of a very enjoyable 25 mile ride yesterday, cycling back into Brighton along Lewes Road. All traffic was stationary as Elm Grove lights were red and I was maybe 100 yards from the lights, in the cycle lane, when some donut decided he would open the rear passenger door, no more than 3 foot in front of me.

Didn’t stand a chance. Wallop. Fortunately I wasn’t going that fast as slowing down for the lights, but fast enough for me to crash into the car door and end up on my back on the pavement with bike on top of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that, how's the bike?

I was actually thinking about you this morning, as I was set to remind you to head out onto the Edburton Road, in the next couple of weeks.

I guess that's on hold for a little while now.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sorry to hear that, how's the bike?

I was actually thinking about you this morning, as I was set to remind you to head out onto the Edburton Road, in the next couple of weeks.

I guess that's on hold for a little while now.

Bike survived ok. Right hand brake and gear triggers had bent round handlebar but easily put back, and that was about the only damage save for a few scratches on the frame. To be fair to the donut who did it, he was quite horrified and very apologetic, and stayed with me until I was ok.

I've got the Edburton Road ride in my list of rides to try out :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bike survived ok. Right hand brake and gear triggers had bent round handlebar but easily put back, and that was about the only damage save for a few scratches on the frame. To be fair to the donut who did it, he was quite horrified and very apologetic, and stayed with me until I was ok.

I've got the Edburton Road ride in my list of rides to try out :thumbsup:

9.9/10 they usually are!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Right. I've finally got a new saddle. Fella in my LBS was a bit of a tit but he eventually pointed me to a Romin Evo Comp Gel. It was a bit of an eye opener getting the old one off as it was completely snapped in half on one side. Hopefully that will explain the hamstring and recent sciatic issue. Tomorrow's rolls will be interesting.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just had a colleague at work get all arsey about seeing the headline...

"that's racist, I will start a all white cycle group" Blah Blah Bullshit

Oh dear, I tried to explain "Read the article and watch why he is setting one up" - "Don't you think he has tried joining a group/club previously"

God my colleague is a buffoon, in fact I think hes an idiot, and part of the problem.

Good on Mani.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-54096289

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Just had a colleague at work get all arsey about seeing the headline...

"that's racist, I will start a all white cycle group" Blah Blah Bullshit

Oh dear, I tried to explain "Read the article and watch why he is setting one up" - "Don't you think he has tried joining a group/club previously"

God my colleague is a buffoon, in fact I think hes an idiot, and part of the problem.

Good on Mani.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-54096289

When I saw the headline, I had my doubts it was the best thing to do. For me we should make the existing cycling clubs diverse and welcoming of all, and ultimately that will lead to a more integrated society. Having specific cycling clubs based upon gender, race, sexual preferences, etc. just seems to enforce segregation?

I think part of the issue is that many clubs can be a bit cliquey, so even as a middle aged white person joining a new club can be slightly intimidating and unwelcoming.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here