Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Finally! Took bloody ages to find anywhere to get a bike online during lockdown, but.....

Delivery day today

View attachment 126325

Enjoy!

My missus is after one of these once they come back in stock - really good reviews (budget e-bike of the year 2019/20 from road.cc), and it'll be nice to get out riding with her at last!

Carrera Subway E-4.jpg

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Hey [MENTION=4472]strings[/MENTION], whilst on leave I am doing mini rides instead of rolls and ticking off local hills. So far 6/6 PBed. Not expecting to make it 9/9 tomorrow as 2 of them have been ridden when lighter, but you never know.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sure someone on this thread will know. Is there a cycle path from the marina to Rottingdean, but over the top, not the undercliff?

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Sure someone on this thread will know. Is there a cycle path from the marina to Rottingdean, but over the top, not the undercliff?

Yeah, technically.

It's a shared use path so pedestrians and cyclists, on the side of the road closest to the cliff all the way from the Marina to the White Horse

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well hello!!

[tweet]1286741197579526145[/tweet]

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Pretty pleased with myself yesterday for doing back to back ascents of Ditchling Beacon for the first time ever....the first being a PB.
OK, I stopped for coffee and cake at Sussex Coffee Trucks after the first attempt for 20 mins - but it still counts as B-2-B right? :D

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How do you do back to back ascents? Doesn't there need to a descent (or a levelling off) in there somewhere? Otherwise isn't it just one climb?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For how long has there been a 5 Guys in Jubilee St?

In a bit we're heading off for our often delayed 20 mile ride to Brighton.

The carrot for Lil Miss Stat has always been:-

- Shakeaway (now open).
- Pic 'n' mix sweet shop (gonna be tough to get past Covidphobic mummy (best not tell her!) )
- McD's in Churchill Sq.

Even I'm reluctant to walk through 3 flights of Churchill to get to a McDonalds touch screen menu, so I thought I'd see what 'Burgers in Brighton' threw up.

5 Guys is our 'shite burger of choice' up in that there London town.
One in the centre of Brighton might just spur Lil Miss on to get us there in less than 3 hours!

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
It opened about a week ago. Used to be Carluccio's. My Mrs is going this afternoon so I'll get her to report back. My meat-eating mates rave about Burger Brothers on North Road which is near 5 Guys and apparently open.
For how long has there been a 5 Guys in Jubilee St?

In a bit we're heading off for our often delayed 20 mile ride to Brighton.

The carrot for Lil Miss Stat has always been:-

- Shakeaway (now open).
- Pic 'n' mix sweet shop (gonna be tough to get past Covidphobic mummy (best not tell her!) )
- McD's in Churchill Sq.

Even I'm reluctant to walk through 3 flights of Churchill to get to a McDonalds touch screen menu, so I thought I'd see what 'Burgers in Brighton' threw up.

5 Guys is our 'shite burger of choice' up in that there London town.
One in the centre of Brighton might just spur Lil Miss on to get us there in less than 3 hours!

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

I've got me voucher...

Any of the cycling brains trust on here recommend which repairer in Brighton the best for replacing tyres and all round service for my Govt Bullseye?

I won't list them but plenty around central Brighton...

Cheers

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It opened about a week ago. Used to be Carluccio's. My Mrs is going this afternoon so I'll get her to report back. My meat-eating mates rave about Burger Brothers on North Road which is near 5 Guys and apparently open.

Yeah we went on Tuesday.

They only have a limited menu, but we like it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You absolute flucking beauty

IMG_20200731_104424.jpg

IMG_20200731_104540.jpg

IMG_20200731_104607.jpg

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

I've got me voucher...

Any of the cycling brains trust on here recommend which repairer in Brighton the best for replacing tyres and all round service for my Govt Bullseye?

Cheers

[MENTION=28560]PoG[/MENTION]ue or [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] are you best bet to ask.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

I've got me voucher...

Cheers

[MENTION=28560]PoG[/MENTION]ue or [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] are you best bet to ask.

I think [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] means me!

I have used Rayments for years. Friendly and knowledgeable without feeling like they're taking the piss. they are just near Preston Circus.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Went for my first ride since Fathers' Day last night - a quick one hour 25km spin around the block.

Anyway, I followed your collective advice - made sure I was hydrated and concentrated on my breathing on the climbs. I'm carrying an extra stone of 'lockdown weight' at the moment, but the result was nonetheless impressive - a string of PBs, including over the climb between my village and the next.

Happy with that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here