Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Customer service

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Aegon who hold my pension are shit, once they finally get my drawdown sorted and I get sent my tax free dosh they are being f***ed off and Vanguard will have the rest of my dosh. Wankers

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Dealing with State Pensions National Insurance contributions.
Clusterfuck. They ‘lost’ a payment I made 2 years ago.
I’ve spent the best part of twenty hours on a phone to try and resolve it. Half the time I got cut off or sent an email for a link that took me back to square one. Often put through to the wrong departments and then cut off.
Written correspondence ignored. No direct email to contact the department.

Eventually found a HMRC complaint email and got it resolved that way. Told it was waiting to be allocated, two year wait by this time, eventually allocated and updated.
I did receive a verbal apology by phone.
Some improvement then, I was told about 5 years ago that it wasn’t HMRC policy to apologise after a tax issue just before Xmas

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Brewdog.... I bought a few crates of beer from the discount place that @Bozza circulated. Two crates of dead pony club, which I really like. So 48 cans, plus a crate of lagery type stuff. The dead pony was off, really badly off, tasted like a dead pony I kept trying but there was something badly wrong with it.

After weeks of to/fro with Brewdog (apologies for the delays, we are vey busty etc) they offered a £20 credit as a 'goodwill' gesture. So £65 worth of beer (if bought from their on line store) that is undrinkable due to some foul up in their QA process gets me a £20 credit? I'm struggling with that to be honest. I'm going back around it with them once more and will then force feed various brewdog pub managers to drink the shit I bought to check out their view.

Shocking customer service, no idea why I was so hopeful. Thought I might get an extra couple of crates on top of the replacement. What a mug....

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I'm going to add China Eastern Airlines to the list as this morning I've tried to get through to them, so far, 121 times, after 56 times yesterday but the line is constantly engaged and I suspect just been taken off the hook. It's like trying to buy concert tickets circa 1987 all over again. Constant engaged / hang up / dial again / engaged circle of hell.

A Google shows loads of people complaining they are impossible to contact despite dozens of offices globally in major cities and lots of flights and shared services with other airlines. Almost makes me wish for a chatbot.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Virgin Media

Called them to resolve a small issue following signing up and installation:

Stage One - long wait, get through, ID checks, explanation given of problem, put on hold, long wait, cut off
Stage Two, as above, but instead of being cut off, put through to ‘another dept’…..long wait, then repeat Stage One.
Stage Three - complete repeat of Stage 2 four times
Stage Four - as stage one, about to be put through as in Stage Two but I got angry and said what happened last time. Instead, was therefore put through to ‘our UK call centre’, which was in fact a recorded message telling me to call the original number I called at the start of Stage One

Went online and filled in a formal complaint form. Got an email response the same day and the issue was fixed. Next time simply going to use that route.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
One recent example that particularly springs to mind is with Virgin Media, every time I called them they tried to put me on a new contract, it didn't matter what it was about (technical issues, changing my TV package etc) the solution was always signing up to a new 'improved' and longer term contract. Even someone in their technical support team tried to sell me an improved deal!
PlusNet tried doing that to me when I was with them.

My connection with them kept getting throttled to a speed so slow I may as well have been on dial-up. I had to phone pretty much every week to get it sorted and they promised it had been sorted and then lo and behold it would happen again.

The last time I spoke to them the chap on the phone had the cheek to suggest I sign up for their brand new shiny deal and I said "You're kidding right? Look at the records. I've been on the phone to you for months getting my current connection to work! Put me through to your cancellations team"

Useless Yorkshire f**kers. Stick to teabags ya shits!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Talk Talk business broadband, so needed when 80% of customers use cards these days. Router played up, turn it off & on again it works for an hour or so.
First up passing their security. Failed for two days running. In the end I worked out they had 5 questions I needed to pass but they had to take my first answer, so sat with pen & paper I crossed off an answer that was wrong and rang them up again until In got it right. Then on to question 2. This took two days.
When I did get through I was very angry (don't upset and angry old man). They tested my line, nothing wrong with it, it must be your conections, bye! Wait, no gone.
Try again, this time they book Open Reach to chech the line. 2 days later Open Reach say the line is perfect, check the conections.
Try again. This time I call cancelations to cancel my account. Straight through, wow. I tell them why I'm canceling, because the person at customer services refuses to send me a new router.
Router arrived next day and since then perfect.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
PlusNet tried doing that to me when I was with them.

My connection with them kept getting throttled to a speed so slow I may as well have been on dial-up. I had to phone pretty much every week to get it sorted and they promised it had been sorted and then lo and behold it would happen again.

The last time I spoke to them the chap on the phone had the cheek to suggest I sign up for their brand new shiny deal and I said "You're kidding right? Look at the records. I've been on the phone to you for months getting my current connection to work! Put me through to your cancellations team"

Useless Yorkshire f**kers. Stick to teabags ya shits!
They are one of the "we are experiencing an unusually high level of calls" culprits.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
They are one of the "we are experiencing an unusually high level of calls" culprits.
But they do - the sheer volume of complaints makes it difficult to get through. Can’t slate them for telling the truth!

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
In April a sewer pipe burst covering my garden with shit and used bog paper.

Southern water accepted responsibility so I submitted a compensation claim form.

Three months on, nothing, so I rang Southern Water who insisted, because my fresh water is provided by South East water and they bill me, the compensation will be paid through them.

I rang South East water who basically said that was bollocks.

I rang Southern back who said South East were wrong…

I then rang South East who said Southern were wrong..

I rang South East again and……….

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Southern water accepted responsibility so I submitted a compensation claim form.

Three months on, nothing, so I rang Southern Water who insisted, because my fresh water is provided by South East water and they bill me, the compensation will be paid through them.

Go here: https://www.ccw.org.uk/advice-and-support/households/

If still no satisfaction, go here: https://www.ofwat.gov.uk/regulated-...nvestigate/complaints-disputes-can-help-with/ and make a WIA91 claim.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017

Sounds like you’re in a shitty situation

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Despite some on here who have a hatred for Amazon, their customer service is a big reason to use them.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
It's everywhere. No phone numbers provided these days, just typical Q&A, nearly impossible to get to a number you can speak to people on.

I had an issue with ID Mobile, couldn't log onto account so eventually had to use the chatbot.. Hopeless, kept stating it didn't understand the question. So I typed 'f*** off', which it recognised and asked me to be polite. I kept typing f*** off to every response and it eventually said 'would I like to chat with a customer service agent. They were hopeless too but being abusing with chatbots seems to work eventually to some extent.
On alot of the chat bots, typing in 'I want to speak to a human' often gets you put straight through.

Occasionally they're more help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here