Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Yessssssss....got my face on MotD

MotD.jpg

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Gutted we didn't win after such a dominant performance, but just want to say that Patrick Viera is a gent and full of praise for us. Yes, he knows he got away with one, big time. (ducks behind the sofa...)
Can I just say @raymondo that you really shouldn’t keep ducks behind your sofa - they need water!

Bar one very bad error we were brilliant, they were rubbish.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Yep a really likeable guy. Not a good fit for them.

I remember the first season he joined he had them playing some really good football. Not quite sure what's happened. Hope he's successful, just not with Palace!
Yep, I agree with all of that 👍

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yep a really likeable guy. Not a good fit for them.

I remember the first season he joined he had them playing some really good football. Not quite sure what's happened. Hope he's successful, just not with Palace!
They made some decent signings last season, but they needed to replace 50% of the squad, which they didn't.
They haven't made anywhere near as many this season and lost Gallagher.
Doucoure is seemingly a decent signing, but they are still woefully short in squad depth.
One first choice CB and a young prospect out and they're down to Tomkins (oh the irony).

Parish is hoping the academy unearths some gems, because they simply cannot afford to sign all the replacements needed.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I don’t honestly understand what you mean by ‘blow in’ - but accept your apology gladly. Thank you.

Not sure what I you think I am ’fibbing about’ but if it makes any difference, I’m 62, grew up in Brighton, went to Balfour Road juniors, then to Varndean, then to Sussex University - taken to my first Brighton game at the age of 7 by my Dad who was a STH then carried on going throughout my childhood, teens, and adulthood. Campaigned alongside Steve Bassam to get the Falmer site approved and have never stopped supporting my home team - I stopped going to Brighton games so much when I got cancer then was diagnosed with a neurological condition - I am not fibbing about being a genuine supporter and long for the opportunity to get to games more often - I try to consciously avoid offending people because I don’t like it when it’s done to me - being physically very ill all the time makes you emotionally vulnerable - it’s already enough living with physical disability and being in constant physical pain without having to deal with online aggression too.

I’m pretty gutted we couldn’t finish today like everyone else but we played some really good football too and I am also really pi££ed off with Sanchez’s fumbling error - but we are still having a great season and I’m not one to slip into the ‘Get Rid’ post match narratives and honestly, I am not that tribal anymore when it comes to other clubs - I dont have the energy - It’s still good. We are still an excellent team and an excellently run club. And breathe …
sorry sir , the combination of palace , var , nigels , sanchez and the fact we wiped the floor with them and could have been 4 or 5 nil easily led to me being a snarky fucker .....i used to play basketball up at varndean and patcham fawcett in the 80's .....worthing born , now live in oz .....again , appologies for the attitude and welcome to the board..:smile:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
This isn’t a game of catch in the garden with little Bobby. This is professional football with 11 other people on the pitch wearing different colour shirts intent on making it as difficult as possible to catch it.
But they didn't though did they. No-one was near him, no-one challenging him at all. They just let him catch it....

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
But they didn't though did they. No-one was near him, no-one challenging him at all. They just let him catch it....
Yeah it was a howler.
no oddsing it.

Don't think it means anything more than that.
RDZ said "I make more mistakes than him"

I don't know where anyone gets the idea that Sanchez is "unreliable" from though.
Last season he made more high claims than any other keeper.

A quick google on Goalkeeper stats reveals this:
Football Critic top 50 Goal keepers

Their list may be flawed ( I have no idea) but it will be based on more data than the gut feel of a pissed off supporter that he's "unreliable".

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here