Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

10 points, a superior GD of 21 and 4 more wins already. When do the stadium improvements start again?

480C7444-8E57-45D9-B268-967384BA61FF.png

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I can’t believe I’m saying this but the two points dropped feel even worse with Spuds and Geordies dropping points as well, we’d be within touching distance of 4th place. Hopefully Leeds will do us a favour tomorrow
Looking at it the other way we've gained a point on spurs, same behind newcastle, Chelsea drew below us, Brentford drew (albeit a great point) ... Good weekend for Fulham though. Next weekend feels like a pretty huge game!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
10 points clear.
Game in hand.
That and Potter leaving are the highlights of their season.

F*ck em, they’re knats to us now. Annoying but no real worry.

I wish I could follow my own advice but honestly f*ck these town burning, drum banging f*cking c*nts. This gypsy curse they have on us has to end at some point surely? F*cking hate those jammy pricks.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Our performance deserved 3 points. We were very good, dominated and controlled the game. Palace were so poor - no ambition, lumping the ball forward. They never threatened until our keeper dropped the ball to the biggest donkey in the premier league. The stadium is dire. The home supporters were quiet- not surprising when you’re witnessing your team being totally outclassed and needing to waste time to hang on to a point in their relegation battle.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Looked like a change of tactics from the MotD highlights. Estupinan getting further up on the wing making Mitoma look surplus to requirements?

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Drawing defenders all over the place?
when Mitoma takes it past a defender on the wing he draws another defender out the middle before he crosses or shoots. from the highlights it looked as though Estupinan was level with Mitoma a few times leaving him stranded and having very little impact compared to what we’ve seen over the last several games.

Auckland seagull

Aug 26, 2016
Can't put my frustration into words without just swearing a lot. What really hurts is that this and the last few times we've played Palace have been the opportunities to really hammer them and we've let them off the hook. We surely can't continue to dominate matches against them by such a huge margin. Even Palace have to find a couple of decent players at some point. For the love of God, can we actually smash them in March?

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I'm beginning to wonder if the Asian betting syndicates have got to the var officials. There has to be an explanation for their awful decisions. Palace not losing to Brighton today would've been a big money maker
There is no reasonable explanation for drawing the offside line from the wrongdefender.
When you look at the money involved, and the wages being paid to these types of individuals, it’s impossible not to believe there isn’t some corruption

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
When you look at the money involved, and the wages being paid to these types of individuals, it’s impossible not to believe there isn’t some corruption
Maybe Big Bob has been tapped up ??

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Can't put my frustration into words without just swearing a lot. What really hurts is that this and the last few times we've played Palace have been the opportunities to really hammer them and we've let them off the hook. We surely can't continue to dominate matches against them by such a huge margin. Even Palace have to find a couple of decent players at some point. For the love of God, can we actually smash them in March?
Well it’s been rescheduled for a time I simply can’t make so there’s a chance.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Maybe Big Bob has been tapped up ??
But he’s paid what, 40k a week, and has skin in the game in terms of a career that hinges on his performance. Vs some no mark earning next to nothing sat in a van in a car park or wherever the f*** they are, with few repercussions for performing like a bellend. I’d go so far as to say it would be surprising if there wasn’t corruption, as it’s so obviously open to it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But he’s paid what, 40k a week, and has skin in the game in terms of a career that hinges on his performance. Vs some no mark earning next to nothing sat in a van in a car park or wherever the f*** they are, with few repercussions for performing like a bellend. I’d go so far as to say it would be surprising if there wasn’t corruption, as it’s so obviously open to it.
Depends how many calls that VAR has got wrong ? If there’s a few - maybe something in it - If not then by the same token Bob has made a few mistakes leading to goals which is a bit dodgier

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Are you joking ?! Anybody can catch a football like he had to. He’s just unreliable.
This isn’t a game of catch in the garden with little Bobby. This is professional football with 11 other people on the pitch wearing different colour shirts intent on making it as difficult as possible to catch it.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Gutted we didn't win after such a dominant performance, but just want to say that Patrick Viera is a gent and full of praise for us. Yes, he knows he got away with one, big time. (ducks behind the sofa...)
Yep a really likeable guy. Not a good fit for them.

I remember the first season he joined he had them playing some really good football. Not quite sure what's happened. Hope he's successful, just not with Palace!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here