Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Brighton boss Roberto de Zerbi speaking to BBC Match of the Day: "We lost two points but we know football. We were a little unlucky but I am really proud of the performance, the players, the quality of play and how many chances we had.

"We made some mistakes when we conceded the goal or when we could score.

"We played a fantastic game. We didn't win but in terms of quality of play and personality there was only one team on the pitch. I always respect my opponent but my team were fantastic.

On Robert Sanchez's mistake: "It was clear he made a mistake but like Mac Allister, like Ferguson like Undav. The coach is the person who makes more mistakes. This is not a problem. We have to be clear to understand our potential because we don't yet understand it. To fight for a place in Europe. We want to try to arrive in that position."

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Brighton boss Roberto de Zerbi speaking to BBC Match of the Day: "We lost two points but we know football. We were a little unlucky but I am really proud of the performance, the players, the quality of play and how many chances we had.

"We played a fantastic game. We didn't win but in terms of quality of play and personality there was only one team on the pitch. I always respect my opponent but my team were fantastic.

On Robert Sanchez's mistake: "It was clear he made a mistake but like Mac Allister, like Ferguson like Undav. The coach is the person who makes more mistakes. This is not a problem. We have to be clear to understand our potential because we don't yet understand it. To fight for a place in Europe. We want to try to arrive in that position."
He's a class act and absolutely correct in that Sanchez's error shouldn't have been decisive given all the chances we spurned.

Could have just as easily been 3 or 4-1.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
On Radio Sussex, Solly said it was points dropped, but RDZ seemed really pleased at how we played.
I was pleased, too. I thought we played very well and controlled the game. Agree with Solly, too. Definitely 2 points dropped with costly mistakes at both ends.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta

Brilliantly put, as expected.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Better manager than me, I’d give Steele a game in the home game against Palace, that’s how pissed off I am with that complete f*** up by Sanchez. Of all the games to be that shit

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
really ...ok ..?? apologies , its always tense when we play that lot , i just saw your joining date and thought you were another blow in ....i do apologies , again ...profusely....we offend each other regularly here ...!! :lolol:
i think you're fibbing btw but it don't matter whatever x
I don’t honestly understand what you mean by ‘blow in’ - but accept your apology gladly. Thank you.

Not sure what I you think I am ’fibbing about’ but if it makes any difference, I’m 62, grew up in Brighton, went to Balfour Road juniors, then to Varndean, then to Sussex University - taken to my first Brighton game at the age of 7 by my Dad who was a STH then carried on going throughout my childhood, teens, and adulthood. Campaigned alongside Steve Bassam to get the Falmer site approved and have never stopped supporting my home team - I stopped going to Brighton games so much when I got cancer then was diagnosed with a neurological condition - I am not fibbing about being a genuine supporter and long for the opportunity to get to games more often - I try to consciously avoid offending people because I don’t like it when it’s done to me - being physically very ill all the time makes you emotionally vulnerable - it’s already enough living with physical disability and being in constant physical pain without having to deal with online aggression too.

I’m pretty gutted we couldn’t finish today like everyone else but we played some really good football too and I am also really pi££ed off with Sanchez’s fumbling error - but we are still having a great season and I’m not one to slip into the ‘Get Rid’ post match narratives and honestly, I am not that tribal anymore when it comes to other clubs - I dont have the energy - It’s still good. We are still an excellent team and an excellently run club. And breathe …

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

zzzz when it was simpler to say “Plenty of positives, it is what it is”.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here